Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectI can try...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=14977&mesg_id=15013
15013, I can try...
Posted by guest, Mon Jan-17-00 09:40 PM
Okay player, this is a little bit tricky and I don't know if I can post it in a way that makes sence, but I'll give it a shot.<P>Race and ethnicity are things that are defined by society, so the way society views a group of people determines their "classification." The reason why I and many others point to Judaism as our "race" is due to the fact that being Jewish has a shared history and culture as well as the social consequenses suited for it. <P>Of course Judaism exists as a religion, whereas anyone can choose to believe in it ideologicaly (both Christianity and Islam were created from it and there are those who convert to it), but as a people, the Jews have a shared history.<P>As for Black Jews in Africa, guess what? Black people are the origin of Judaism. I know I pointed this out earlier, but I'll say it again.<BR>Jews were Black in the begining and continued to be dark skined through most biblical history. In all likelyhood Jesus Christ, being a Hebrew during his time, was black.<P>Anyhow, hope this helped a little.<P>Peace,<BR>Che<P>"Man, oh man when I move into a white neighborhood I clear it out!"- Sammy Davis Jr. (on being a Black Jew)<BR>