Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectSad, sad, sad...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=14977&mesg_id=15011
15011, Sad, sad, sad...
Posted by guest, Mon Jan-17-00 07:14 PM
Indeed Jews have been persecuted, and in response to said persecution have decided to do something proactive about it including:<P>1. never allowing themselves or any one else to forget what happened to them, <BR>2. making sure that they act in their own self interest wherever possible and <BR>3. making sure that those who act against them are duly punished. <P>WHY CAN'T BLACK PEOPLE DO THE SAME??? <P>I am sick to death of Black people acting like the last 400 years was a little misunderstanding and that this is the time to heave a sigh of relief and wipe our brows. I am weary of Black people falling for the okey doke time after time after time. When are we going to take a page or twelve from the Jews and act in our own self interest??? <P>I've been told and I don't know, but when one travels abroad, they get a different perspective of life that is not as color struck as it is in the US. I don't doubt that this new perspective is what made BT think that it might be nice to do this movie. However, if you are from here, and you live here, and you claim to represent here, my opinion is that your responsibility is to here. That we are the world shit has never, and will never exist.<P>How exactly can having one of our beautiful, jet, Black men fawnin all over another white girl serve us as a people. I doubt that it can but since the new trend among Black rappers nowadays is to be "global", I guess he no longer identifies with just the Black community, I mean after all, we ain't the ones payin' most of the bills.<P>...Sad, sad, sad and shame, shame, shame, a sellout is a sellout by any other name... <P><BR>It pains me to see Black people with opportunities to do something in the best interest of Black people, opt instead to work in the best interest of others. And pardon me if I just can't see how another interracial relationship story can serve Black people. Sometimes I wish I had enough money to pay cats to be true to Black people. It seems that loot is the only way to keep cats in line these days. I'm still prayin' for Black Star though. Hopefully, they'll be Black men enough to keep it at home.<P>And FYI Quest, I will get the bootleg version of the movie and if I find any redeeming qualities I'll be glad to post them...but if I were you, I wouldn't hold my breath. (*shaking her head, rolling her eyes to the ceiling, wondering if Black people are ever going to get it*)