Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectLike a victim that loves her molester
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=14977&mesg_id=15008
15008, Like a victim that loves her molester
Posted by nahymsa, Mon Jan-17-00 09:34 AM
its not easy to avoid being affected by the constant brainwashing, the constant assault. We all take it in in some ways. Your sister may not have many options with who she works for (most of us dont being minorities in this place) but her love of hair weaves reminds me of how I used to tie towels around my hair as a kid & pretend it was long & silky straight. I see all these little girls these days with just for me perms and I worry about what we're telling them about their god given looks <P>alove is a lot of things but romantic love is not the sole basis for marriage, family or community. In fact, romantic love as the basis for those things is part of the reason why marriages are failing so much these days. Love for community, love for self and blackness, personal values, and personal idealogy....all those things can count just as much if a person DECIDES it. people can & will do what they will (I come from a family that is extremely mixed) but the personal choices we make have repercussions that go beyond our personal relationships. <P>