Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectsince i started y'all on a path...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=14977&mesg_id=14994
14994, since i started y'all on a path...
Posted by guest, Sun Jan-16-00 08:54 PM
I'd like to let this die cuz folks is buggin but since I started the shit...<P>Look it's not about all these other folks Taye Diggs is okay but he is just some okey doke negro with a nice body. Same as the rest. Yah Wesley talks that black shit too but whateva. <P>This is the issue. Okay, here we go. I seem to remember a while back when the Hesidic (pardon the spelling)Jewish community you know the folks that got the NYC on lock, used there medical ambulatory service to help the jewish driving half of an accident involving two black children and left the two babies that the driver hit on the ground bleeding. So no Brother I-KNOW-EVERY-FUCKIN'-THING that is the most ASSANIN THING I'VE EVER... No cut that THE MOST EVIL THING I'VE EVER HEARD. Maybe it is insane to take two unrelated issues such as that incident and this love story and smash them together but it is also insane to think that people should forget this ever happened and be like Fuck the history. This is Love!" <P>Not everyone in a community is responsible for thier neighbor's actions I mean this isn't an African village or something this the the USA and I'll be damned if I take responsibility for Pookey up the block selling stolen VCR's for $10 but one has the question the love between the empowered (Hasidic Jewish Community in NY) coupled with the imposed upon (the West Indian Community that shares are with them) Again I have to see it to form an opinion but I don't think my sister was sooo ludicrous either. <P>And you may not give a shit. Yah, your right white/ asian girls (take your pick) girls are real women and black woment are born with dicks. We don't know how to act. We want to actually be treated with respect AND have the door opened for us. And oh I 4got the statute of limitations on genocide, oppression, and all that other shit ran out already It is after all the year 2000 as Brother IKEFT so nicely pointed out. That's why I turned on Oprah the other day and she was with Tyra Banks ooing and ahing over a make over guest's 'good hair' and 'pretty eyes' . <P>Yah, it is rediculous for us to feel a way about this movie or any other since from the responses the problem btween black men and women is so deep no movie could make any fuckin dif. <P>"You need to get that We Are The World mess out of your head."<BR>-- Regina King, Higher Learning