Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectI think you're misreading
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=14867&mesg_id=14959
14959, I think you're misreading
Posted by spirit, Sat Sep-01-01 06:04 PM
>no anger, I just call them
>as I see them...
>the only thing we have to
>go by are the actions...
>and his actions are mad
>offensive sometimes...

examples?

i think you must be misreading quest's posts. whenever i see the guy arguing with someone who i would just ignore, i think "well, he's going out of his way to keep the dialogue going" often in situations where i'd just shrug my shoulders and walk away. after all, he isn't obligated to respond to any of these posts...and when he does so, generally he does so with diplomacy. Look up a few posts where you ask somebody "so will you stop being a bitch?". I don't have any recollection of Quest using language like that towards someone on the site. That right there is an action which I find offensive...I don't think Quest has ever said anything on that level. Many of his posts are archived...please post some evidence of this "offensive" behavior.

> all I'm saying
>is we buy the records,
>we support the shows, we
>follow these cats, if it
>weren't for people like us
>they wouldn't eat!

sure they would. they'd just have a different job.

> Treat your
>fans like friends, not like
>they are beneath you...
>don't wait until your heydey is
>over to be walking out
>in the crowd like "Whassup?
>Peoples?"

Quest is actually a pretty social guy with the fans, I understand. I know he hooked me up with a concert ticket once when the venue was sold out and that guy doesn't know me from Adam.

>and if you are going to
>be a asshole, please be
>on point...

I don't know, chief. Disagreeing with Quest is one thing, but are you basically trying to say that money isn't knowledgable about music? I would have to disagree. Most of his opinions are informed, even when I disagree with them.

Thoughtfully yours,

Spirit Equality

http://www.miscflux.com - the only band on earth I would take a bullet for. support them now or face an eternal damnation of Lil Romeos.