Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectopinions
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=14867&mesg_id=14937
14937, opinions
Posted by codewarrior, Fri Aug-17-01 01:52 PM
Speaking for myself personally? I change my opinion, or at least contemplate changing my opinon of nearly every artist on OKP, or every artist that is talked about on OKP, because for the most part, people do a good job of making strong, convincing arguments one way or the other when they post. When someone says the Roots suck and gives me a convincing reason why, it makes me think of something that maybe I had never thought about before. Same thing when someone posts about how BT is the best MC ever, or how ?uest is the coolest guy they've ever met or whatever. I dont think its dickriding, I dont think anyone is taking a famous person's opinion as fact, I think OKP just has alot of smart cats on it, who are eloquent in expressing their opinions. Sometimes that causes disagreement, but y'all need to chill the fuck out on all this dickriding and "everyone follows
?uest like blind sheep" shit.

Bitching about how its the cool thing to like Jay Dee just 'cause ?uest says so? That isn't any better than accusing everyone of being dickriders and shit 'cause thats the cool thing to do around here.

There are some poseurs(sp?) on this site, and it ain't the one's coming up with their own posts or the ones who change their opinions because they read a convincing post by another OKP, its the ones who respond to everything with "follower", "dickrider" and ish like that.