Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: hmmm interesting
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=14867&mesg_id=14889
14889, RE: hmmm interesting
Posted by guest, Sat Aug-18-01 04:00 AM
that's kinda shady...i'm not on RUN DMC, but why'd u have to throw that name out there...damn...:O besides we all know the cliche about opinions. rather than be an a-hole about anything, it is more of a learning experience to try see the other persons perspective. i've been called a great hater over the years because of my opinions on hip hop and music in general. i don't care what you think but if you can present a legitimate of somewhat logic oriented presentation of your feelings then fine. i don't have to agree with you and vice versa. for example, i have every album the Roots have put out on either vinyl or CD. i actually became interested in the group in '92 when a fellow mc i was going to college with put me d. he had a tape from WPRB when they still had the hot underground hip hop show Raw Deal. ever since i've been checking the group. i don't like the albums to the point where i listen to them everyday. there are even musical issues i have with the group production-wise. whatever. that is my opinion. i have it and i express it. why does it have to be an argument? one more thought and i'm out, b4 this becomes a book. over the years i've heard many hip hop conversations where people compare artists who really are not similar. for example, KRS and Rakim, there is almost no comparison lyrically, yet i have heard the argument. if having an opinion means being an a-hole then i'll being sh@ttin' on a lot of people...:D