Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjecthmmm interesting
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=14867&mesg_id=14888
14888, hmmm interesting
Posted by qoolquest, Fri Aug-17-01 04:32 PM
well. you're so blind pointing fingers at me. when you really don't see the point at all. whenever i state an opinion of mine, i back up my theories.

i judt don't say "BILAL IS THE SHIT SO LIVE WITH IT SUCKERS!!!!!!!"

i at least back my shit up with some sort of theory. (I AM ?UEST STUFF WAS HUMOR BEFORE YOU START)

but unlike me i would like you to explain your second half of TFA falling apart...

-love of my life
-100% dundee
-diedre vs dice (interlude)
-adrenaline
-scratch vs. ? (interlude)
-you got me
-don't see us
-return to innocence lost

that is the second half.

now with half the TFA mail i get mofo's say that "love" touches them deeply.

"100" and "adrenaline" according to "them/yall" is some hyped ass lyrical shit with riq and malik on point as always. i've not met one person mad at beans' verse either.

"you got me" well cry "pop" all you want (and it's not pop because it barely cracked top 40) we still can claim title as one of the first groups in mainstream hip hop to fuck with drum and bass. and then to up the ante, fuck with drum and bass playing it live. even bilal's drummer had to record 4 tracks on "hand me down". so we got a hit, and did something ground breaking at the same time. half of my compliments from non roots fans are "yo! that drum shit on that erykah song is off the hook!!!!!!"

i like "dont see us". i think the jawn is funky and the lyrics are on point. i've heard various opinions about this one. i dig it.

and "return" while not a gangbang classic that snuffed you earlier, is still a touching piece. (i think the music is my scariest work)

do being though this is our best period yet. can you count how many groups that made thier debut in 1993 are still here?

snoop?
jay?
kast?

to the contrary. as long as we want to make records, we will still be here. and not on some run dmc past their prime shit. i'm talking about still relevant here.

how bout them apples?