Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: new com album swipe (mtv news)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=14696&mesg_id=14772
14772, RE: new com album swipe (mtv news)
Posted by guest, Fri Sep-21-01 06:42 AM
If an artist made art for masses, then what is art?
Self expression....expression for those who aint so good at expressing self...
if you notice, audience can pick out brown-nosing ass artists who can't self-develop and create...that's why they go to God like Ma$e did, quoting but unquoting some Common...
and yeah, I want to have a conversation with these folks who did not approve of Brother ?westion's style of percussion, but for some reason, I think it was the JayDee styling they did not approve of...and these people are from Detroit like myself, and do not have much knowledge of this part of the Soulquarian entourage...but Detroit people don't like sh*t if they can't pop their collars to it...and it's amazing how well known Jaydee is but people here get that owl on their shoulder if you mention him ..... :"Who?!"
for some reason, ever since I was a child, I loved every single one of Jaydee's mainstream products and had no idea it was the same producer on every track...I guess it's just a matter of taste..
anyhow I am off base...I wanna hear this Electric Circus before I go floating off talking about I don't like some sh*t I haven't even heard yet...plus like I said before, Common is growth...and a lot of people just never grow up