Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: new com album swipe (mtv news) Pt.I
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=14696&mesg_id=14761
14761, RE: new com album swipe (mtv news) Pt.I
Posted by guest, Wed Sep-19-01 11:14 AM
I'm anticipating many new albums from all of my favorite artists, and Common is one of them. LWFC was one of the most innovative albums in hip-hop ever. I didn't love every beat on it, but I liked most of them. The lyrics were definetely on point, as usual with Common. One of the most important things to remember in life, is nobody is perfect,nobody, therefore there is no standard to be compared to. Quest and anybody else can try and describe Common and his music all they want, free will for all, but I think Common explains himself thru and in his music better than anybody else can otherwise. So Imma let him speak for himself.

"Imma child of the uh, the 87 uh, from the streets get on the beat and go uh, I could break it down like when ever you uh, on some KRS we can for ever type uh, you know you shouldn't rhyme like uh, let them pussy niggaz get in your mind like uh, baby boy you can do it take your time do it, if you get the chance, to be a man in a b-boy stance and advance from the go, I trace outerspace with a uh, the babysitter of styles, I travel miles with bitches and thru the ritual of the real uh, your platinum but real uhhs dont feel ya, you sample real uhs and then filter, I'm built to last at last I'm free, the Roots and thats me be the family tree.
I style for the ooh, wild for the ooh, baby girl lets go half on a child for the ohh, lick shots pop, lock and flow for the ooh...now I talk to drums and walk thru slums and thoughts that's ooh, instinct to hustle,divided by the struggle, plus a couple scuffles in uptown shuffle, even with the sound muffled, I bust thru, narrow gates, the king sized thoughts is Pharaoh shaped, before I came up I had to elevate, let a nigga move where he wanna move up to, you dont like how I'm living? well fuck ooh, I stuck to what I was on..." Common-"Funky for you" LWFC