Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: new com album swipe (mtv news)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=14696&mesg_id=14757
14757, RE: new com album swipe (mtv news)
Posted by LJFMW, Wed Sep-19-01 08:17 AM
Personally, I'm hoping this is a landmark album for Comm. Just hearing about it has made me think of all the great artists that went against the grain of what was considered "true to their art form" and changed the face of how we look at their music as well as what we consider "true to the form". Most of us dig the folks who kick an energy wholly their own into what we hear and recognize that what's coming out is coming out of their soul. If Comm was to make his music for anyone else but himself, it wouldn't be Comm in my opinion. If we simply "followed the leader" we'd have Puffy's and Limp Biscuit's and others that are doing nothing to push music in a different direction, only to make money. The funny thing to me is, we are in a different musical era where we need to look at the business side as well as creativity and find the happy balance between the 2, which a lot of cats out there aren't doing.....some just the business others just the creativity. I dunno about you, but I'd rather see creative folks out there then the money hungry.

Anyways, I know it won't make much difference since I'm just a loley Mailroom clerk in Denver.....but you just do whatever the fuck you want Comm 'cause I'm sure whatever you decide to put out will be dope.