Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectNo...it means that I would rather not deal with the dynamic they tend to bring
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=14502&mesg_id=14603
14603, No...it means that I would rather not deal with the dynamic they tend to bring
Posted by nahymsa, Wed Aug-11-99 06:06 AM
Despite the "we are the world" stance that some of you may take, racism & white supremecy is still a major problem in america. And while some whites may enjoy hip hop (or any black artistic expression) that doesn't mean they don't carry those attitudes with them. Most of the hippies of the 60s are today's stanchest republicans and vote for Guilianni - feel me. <P>Racism aside, there are cultural differences that affect the dynamic because many black people do feel uncomfortable around caucasians due to the nature of our relationship as communities OUTSIDE of party. A white person, may be free to "not think" about color but most of us can't afford that luxury - it can literally mean the difference btwn life & death. Example: terms like DWB (driving while black) have no equivalent in the white community for a reason.