Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectOpposites attract
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=14409&mesg_id=14421
14421, Opposites attract
Posted by guest, Fri Mar-17-00 08:10 AM
I think their music is completely different. The only comparison i can make is that they are both extrememely talented and blessed men. They write beautiful, deep, haunting, intelligent, sensual, raw music. It seems that both men write and sing from their heart ...but their style and approach to these similar themes is different. I think Maxwell messes more with non-traditional downtempo and upbeat beats as oppossed to D'Angelo who is more about going back to classical/traditional hip-hop/R&B/soul beats and updating them. I dunno... i can't compare the two.. i get into both of them ...just depends who i'm kickin' it wit... They both are good to get freaky wit too..<BR>although i had thought i read once that D talked shit about Maxwell ...saying his music was too soft/pop or something like that ... who knows if its true but it didn't move me enough to verify whether he said that or not. i dunno.<BR>G