Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectD'Angelo vs. Maxwell
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=14409&mesg_id=14409
14409, D'Angelo vs. Maxwell
Posted by Hot_Damali, Fri Mar-17-00 05:10 AM
First off, let me say that I'm not trying to start a fight...just an intelligent discussion...<P>I've been a devoted Maxwell fan for a while now and I'm continually impressed by his musical talent, his vocal prowess, his songwriting skills,his sexiness, the way he moves onstage, his humility and sheer goodness.<P>Now I'm fairly new to D'Angelo but I'm slowly but surely finding out that he is a force to be reckoned with as well. I haven't bought any of his stuff yet but trust me, I will. (Just let me get some money, damn...)<P>There seem to be a lot of similarities between the two of them...they both were incredibly gifted at a young age, they both have very original and distinct vocal and musical talents and they have both shown what R&B is supposed to be! (Not to mention they both use their middle name as their stage name)<P>If there are other people on here who would like to add to this similarity/differences discussion, I would love to hear your thoughts on this.<P>I'm also wondering if they've ever met, what they think of each other, whether you all think Maxwell is worthy of okayplayer status, etc.<P>Thanks all,<P>Damali<P><P><BR>Nam-myoho-renge-kyo<P>Tell me what you thought I thought you thought I thought. - Maxwell