Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Common's wackest line?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=14325&mesg_id=14333
14333, RE: Common's wackest line?
Posted by guest, Tue Sep-25-01 02:54 PM
>Furthermore...I didn't think he had any
>wack lines, and still don't.
> Been over some wack
>beats, but wack lines.....naw

Ditto. Nuff said.

Kyle

"Yo...on The Amen, Corner I stood, lookin at my former hood. Felt the spirit in the wind, knew my friend was gone for good. Threw dirt on the casket, the hurt, I couldn't mask it
Mixin down emotions, struggle I hadn't mastered. I coreograph seven steps to heaven. And hell, waiting to exhale and make the bread leavened. Veteran of a cold war It's Chica-I-go for. What I know or, what's known. So some days I take the bus home, just to touch home. From the crib I spend months gone. Sat by the window with a clutched dome listenin' to shorties cuss long. Young girls with weak minds, but they butt strong. Tried to call, or at least beep the Lord, but didn't have a touch-tone
It's a dog-eat-dog world, you gotta mush on. Some of this land I must own
Outta the city, they want us gone Tearin' down the 'jects creatin plush homes. My circumstance is between Cabrini and Love Jones. Surrounded by hate, yet I love home. Ask my God how he thought travellin the world sound Found it hard to imagine he hadn't been past downtown. It's deep, I heard the city breathe in its sleep. Of reality I touch, but for me it's hard to keep. Deep, I heard my man breathe in his sleep. Of reality I touch, but for me it's hard to keep"--Common