Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectnot everyday, but once in a while...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=14159&mesg_id=14170
14170, not everyday, but once in a while...
Posted by Mindbender, Wed Oct-24-01 12:30 PM
...i do agree the Okaycats could emerge from the secretive lair where they ALL spend 3 years crafting each album they release... as the rest of the world PATIENTLY waits for a sign of connection to the masses... yeah ?uest is up in here, and maybe Com/Mos/Kweli (not Tariq, Mr. Redefine Introvert himself... i wouldnt expect him to do so) may not be computer guys like that, but ONCE in a blue/green moon they could reach out to us...

i make music (with the same spirit of "awareness" and innovation that Okaymusic has, for lack of you not knowing any of my songs) and I MAKE DAMN SURE that i connect to SOMEONE, ANYONE, at least once in a while, and give them something to remember...

i met Common 3 times in my life, and all 3 times, he was either emotionally neutral, or non-responsive. I still love the man, but it was not the best fan-to-artist meeting one could have imagined... (and for anyone dissing me and defending Common, see ?uest's post about Janet on the homepage. Unless the musician is OUT OF BREATH after a show or something, they should be able to share ONE OF THOSE BREATHS with someone who listens to that breath with personal devotion.)

and this has nothing to do with the Supreme Being Unit Episode with the stalker of the year... or was that Century? :) ...

?uest, wassup man, are you too... je ne sais quoi :)... to call yourself a "FAN" of Janet? The way you go on about her... cmon, fess up. its okay for you to be infatuated with someone... YOU'RE HUMAN TOO, JUST LIKE US! :) What makes your desire for Janet Jackson any different than mine for Mystic?