Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subject12" decisions.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=13971&mesg_id=14143
14143, 12" decisions.
Posted by guest, Sun Feb-13-00 03:58 PM
PEACE.<P><BR>...Coming from a D.J. in Japan, I have certain ideas on the next single, just to put out there (if it matters). The LP is timeless indeed, but I personally think "Chicken Grease" could be flipped into some ol' remix w/common type of vibe, if it's possible. I can't front, though. I would like to see "Africa" shine through, as well. <P> Honestly,i feel that whatever they decide, it shoud be an up-tempo joint, this time around.( springtime/springbreak type of vibe, ya know?) <P>Bring back the remixes and B-sides.<BR>I know people don't remix too much anymore, but I do remember a day back when, I could count on a remix or two from Tribe, or De La, that just added that extra shit i've grown to crave in singles. I'm talking strictly in-house remixes, where it's either the artist, or surrounding fam, (soulquarians, ummah, ect.)in terms of music. Dig?<BR>No outside "different shit" or "soul meets techno, or any other un-related form" remixes. Keep it rhythmatic ..and give a lil' x-tra on singles. Any dj you ask who spins hip-hop and R&b will agree that's appreciated.<BR>peace.<P><BR>PEEP:<BR>roddyrod-www.beatbangerz.com<BR>www.blacktokyo.com <BR>RAMSQUAD-JAPAN