Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectI am definitely feelin' Devil's Pie!!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=13971&mesg_id=14136
14136, I am definitely feelin' Devil's Pie!!
Posted by Tam, Sat Feb-12-00 02:48 PM
That song is soo tight. It has a message kinda' similar to Lauryn Hill's "Doo Wop(That Thing)", a swingin' beat, and mixin' and scracthin' for the regular hip-hop heads! I don't think it was released from Belly but if it was whatever. I say re-release it! Maybe you could re-mix it and add a rap to it. You'll probably need to shorten it but PLEASE keep the vamp("Uh..wait-a-minute, Uh.. let me tell you 'bout") at the end! That part and the next 20 seconds make the song for me! Hopefully radio stations like 97.5 here in Atlanta WON'T talk or start the next song OVER the vamp like they do w/ Untitled! <P>After that release my jam "One Mo' Gin"! I think that could have the affect of Lauryn's Ex-Factor. Most people can relate to that one person that you wouldn't mind "bumping" into again! I think either of those should be your next joint! <P>Much love D. I fall in love w/ Voodoo more and more each day! Can't wait to see you in the ATL.