Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectyou guys should schedule some mo chats
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=13953&mesg_id=13958
13958, you guys should schedule some mo chats
Posted by DROots, Thu Nov-08-01 03:59 PM
with okayartists. or even make "impromptu" chats by makeing a post saying "come in the chat room now! (artist) is here!" and block the room after it's full, making another post telling ppl it's full. yea i guess it's "special" for those in the room when an artists stops by, but more scheduled chats would be nice.
peace
m!ke

(((aim: okayplayerDROots)))
(((okayoungin' reppin)))

- Does it have to stay underground to stay true?
"What does underground mean? Punk rock and hip hop are not underground. That whole mainstream vs. underground thing is a load of crap. People who whine about a thing becoming successful are just jealous. It all depends on quality and intent. If something retains its integrity and quality, people shouldn't mind if it becomes popular. Exploiting a style just because it is popular sucks, and any artist, graffiti or otherwise, shouldn't participate in a project unless it's proponents desire to understand and perpetuate the culture and perspective from which the artist comes. I have this unrealistic notion that exposure for graffiti is positive through any channel that gives positive representation, which may or may not be fashion. I think expanding acceptance of graffiti expands freedom of speech and genuinely helps democratize things for the individual in this spectator democracy. Graffiti is very liberating and that shouldn't be reserved for the cool underground. That's a selfish mentality." -Shepard Fairey CEO of blkmrkt design and creator of the OBEY sticker campaign