Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectNelly Disses Okayplayer!!!!!!!!!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=13845
13845, Nelly Disses Okayplayer!!!!!!!!!
Posted by Mil, Tue Nov-13-01 05:36 PM
Here's the proof... its all in the pudding.

"#1":
---And not concerned about that he say, she say, did he say
---what I think he said? Squash that, he probably got that off eBay
---Or some, Internet access some, website chat line
---Mad cause I got mine, don't wind up on the flat line

Well DUH this one's obvious... He's obviously upset about all the anti-Nelly posts that frequent okayplayers message boards...

---Aiyyo I'm tired of people judgin what's real Hip-Hop
---Half the time you be them niggaz who fuckin album flop

This is a direct swing at The Lesson... And of course then he slights the Roots by way of Questlove... Obviously because Quest STARTED the lesson so that we could all judge and teach others less knowledgeable about REAL hip-hop. Real hip-hop of course, consists solely of The Roots, Common, Black Star, and then anyone else who hasnt gone gold (these of course will no longer be "real" once they do).

"Midwest Swang":
---Dunkin without Sprite, yea you heard me dirty
---I'm from the Show-Me State, show me seven I'll show you eight

Now lets see... Show me 7... Show me 7... I guess that doesnt mean anything does it? Nah I mean... Black Thought, Questlove, Kamal, Leonard Hubbard, Malik B, Scratch, & Rahzel. That aint seven people. *rolls eyes*

Where does this guy get off? I mean who does he think he is badmouthing us like that? Kamal B.K.A. Malsy Fuckems? Hell nah we aint gonna stand for this garbage. He think this is a punk website full of overzealous, obsessive, know-nothings? He better think again. I may not be as perceptive as most of y'all and I mean I know Im probably late and all picking up on these things but I just thought I should let whatever small amount of people WERENT aware of this trespass know, and trust them to do whats right. Mainly whine and buy a new backpack.

13846, mmmmmmmmmmm
Posted by guest, Tue Nov-13-01 05:43 PM
I don't quite know what to make of this. I guess we must be the only site that judges hip-hop and has dissed Nelly, huh?

Dying tickles-Ralph Wiggum

You can dream a little dream or you can
live a little dream. I'd rather live
it, cuz dreamers always chase but never
get it-Aesop rock

Anyone can flip shit kid, I stick the
landing-J-tredds

Hey dad, heard ya cursing. Can I join
in? Crap, hell, crap!!-Bart simpson

Whats your favortie dish? Im not gonna
cook it but Ill order it from
Zanzabars!!-Jack Black

Chris-Dad whats the blow hole for?
Peter-Well Ill tell you what its not
for-its why im not allowed at sea
world anymore.

PeaceoutGODbless
13847, I disagree!
Posted by Reignzer, Wed Nov-14-01 05:16 AM
Any person that has NOT gone gold is real hip hop? Then what's Gangstarr. Then what about Dilated? They are for sure going gold. So I hope you just drop the whole Nelly thing because he's wack regardless. He has his own sound, but he's not a feel. He just doesnt hold down the essence of that real ish. Word...Life

Peace
Reignzerocks,
Cambridge, MA
13848, I re-disagree!
Posted by guest, Wed Nov-14-01 10:42 PM
>Any person that has NOT gone

Record sells, or lack of, has nothing to do with real hip-hop. Tell me Q-Tip ain't Hip-Hop; how much did Amplified sell. Tell me Wu-Tang ain't Hip-hop; They stay platnum.
Your wrong!!!
Hip-Hop is a mind-state, a way of thinking and ackting in the world around us--Not how much he or she sold at the end of the day.
'cause at the edn of the day I don't give a fuck!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1982 'till Infinity
13849, SARCASM!!!
Posted by Quixotic, Thu Nov-15-01 05:13 PM
A Scribe Called Quest
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
Vex_id Nuru Quest
http://www.womb.cjb.net
AIM: QuestOn4
13850, Idiot
Posted by Maesha, Tue Nov-13-01 05:45 PM

This says it all:

Real hip-hop of course, consists solely of The Roots, Common, Black Star, and then anyone else who hasnt gone gold (these of course will no longer be "real" once they do).

Maesha
13851, oh, is he?
Posted by Mosaic, Tue Nov-13-01 05:54 PM
*dun dun DUN!*

-----
that oughta hold the little S.O.B.s
13852, mortal kombat?
Posted by Zarathuckya, Tue Nov-13-01 08:39 PM
ThuŠ ŠP@k€ ŽåRåTHû©kYâ

13853, R.I.P. Satire
Posted by Ape Redwood, Tue Nov-13-01 06:41 PM
---------
Alex

When I piss I don't miss.

13854, Satire's been dead
Posted by TripleX, Wed Nov-14-01 03:09 PM
Triple X
"Got more action than GI Joe with a flow"
www.B-BoyEpicenter.com

"The law isn't justice. It's a very imperfect mechanism. If you press exactly the right buttons and are also lucky, justice may show up in the answer. A mechanism is all the law was ever intended to be."
-Raymond Chandler

"If oxygen is found somewhere in outer space, what is the benefit if there is no earth?"
- Muammar Qaddafi

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world."
- R. D. Lang
13855, RE: Idiot
Posted by Shadi_Kel, Wed Nov-14-01 03:23 AM
Didn't Common go gold with his last album, Like Water f/ Chocolate?
13856, SARCASM!!!
Posted by Quixotic, Thu Nov-15-01 05:14 PM
A Scribe Called Quest
Vex_id Nuru Quest
13857, RE: Idiot
Posted by TonyAnsah, Wed Nov-14-01 09:41 AM
If I'm not mistaken, but The Roots last album went Gold,Common's last album went Gold, Mos & Kweli's solo projects went Gold, and a plethara of other artist, whom represent the hiphop cultural, at least in my estimation, have also achieved Gold status.

Nelly, I think is a mediocre artist that make hit song, instead of classic, quality music like ----------------------------

13858, Huh?
Posted by jelly, Wed Nov-14-01 03:23 PM
I may be misunderstanding your post (I know its sarcasim but Common went gold and so did the Roots.
13859, SARCASM!
Posted by Quixotic, Thu Nov-15-01 05:13 PM
A Scribe Called Quest
Vex_id Nuru Quest
13860, lol @ phobia list in profile
Posted by Vudu, Tue Nov-13-01 05:51 PM
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

the last thing i need in my life right now is death
13861, What the.........?
Posted by sal, Tue Nov-13-01 06:29 PM
What do you mean if they exceed gold they will not be considered 'real'. Is there not a platnum amount of 'real' fans out there that would support these 'real' artists?
13862, No.
Posted by Mil, Tue Nov-13-01 06:42 PM

13863, lol
Posted by Dove, Tue Nov-13-01 08:51 PM

13864, Nelly is hella-wack
Posted by soundsop, Tue Nov-13-01 06:44 PM
You are so right about what real hip hop is. I know the Roots and Common are mad phat because none of the kids at my high school in suburban Kansas have heard of them before. I feel so cool listening to them because it's like I'm better than other people who don't listen to them. One time I had my CD player at school and some kid saw my Mos Def CD and said "isn't that guy having premarital sexual relations with Beyonce" and I was sooooooo mad that kid knew who Mos Def was. I had to throw away the CD after that and that hella-sucks because I really liked it except for the song with Busta Rhymes because he is a sellout for doing a song with Jay-Z who sucks ass because all he talks about is money and women and since I can't relate to his lifestyle I decided he's wack and nobody should like him.

Nelly is wack too. He's definitely not hip hop. I especially hate Nelly because all his songs are catchy and I start to sing along and I actually like them BUT I CAN'T LIKE THOSE SONGS BECAUSE THEY ARE BY NELLY AND HE IS NOT REAL HIP HOP AND THE OTHER KIDS AT SCHOOL LISTEN TO NELLY SO NELLY SUCKS BUT I REALLY REALLY WANT TO SING ALONG TO SHIMMY SHIMMY COCOA PUFF BUT I CAN'T AND I WILL NEVER HAVE SEXUAL INTERCOURSE IN MY ENTIRE LIFE, NOT EVEN IF I FIND A GIRL WHO IS BLIND AND DEAF BECAUSE SHE COULD PROBABLY STILL SMELL ME AND NELLY PROBABLY HAS SEXUAL INTERCOURSE ALL THE TIME AND WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO LISTEN TO HIM BRAG ABOUT IT I JUST WANT TO SEE A GIRL NAKED ANY GIRL EVEN AN UGLY ONE IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK????? JUST ONE GIRL NAKED SHE COULD EVEN BE DISFIGURED LIKE WITH ONLY ONE LEG AND THREE NIPPLES OR SOMETHING I DON'T CARE I'M 16 YEARS OLD AND I'LL PROBABLY LIVE WITH MY PARENTS FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE HELP ME PLEASE GOD PLEASE.

Also, have you listened to Anticon? They're crazy phat too because nobody has heard of them and they're white so I don't feel so uncomfortable listening to them.
13865, RE: Nelly is hella-wack
Posted by xcoldricex, Tue Nov-13-01 06:47 PM
haha. kid has lots of time on his hands.
13866, Here, here...
Posted by Mil, Tue Nov-13-01 06:50 PM
...I cant even begin to praise and affirm all the points you've made. Lord knows how close I came to chucking my TFA CD, door poster, and backpack straps the day The Roots won the grammy, but then I realized this was just the establishment trying to stop a revolution in hip-hop. Trying to appease those in the know like us... By the way whats your favorite anticon song, do you want to plug one?
13867, RE: Here, here...
Posted by soundsop, Tue Nov-13-01 07:10 PM
Pos-itively! My favorite song is "Transcendent Neo-realism" by Dose One. He rhymes "antithetically" with "stratographically." I wonder why he isn't called Dope One!
13868, ...
Posted by Dove, Tue Nov-13-01 08:53 PM
please just shoot me now
13869, RE: Nelly is hella-wack
Posted by NeonAfroMonkFromBrooklyn, Tue Nov-13-01 06:52 PM
funny shit...except for the white thing, don't go there
This week i have been mostly listening to:
fat jon
casual
unspoken heard
femi kuti
13870, Casual is real hip-hop.
Posted by Mil, Tue Nov-13-01 06:59 PM
..."Fear Itself" is a classic. It went wood.
13871, Enough Underground Glorification
Posted by guest, Thu Nov-15-01 07:11 PM
I wonder why you think its so important that the artists you listen to are underground. I think its fascinating that so many people like music just because it is underground. I mean I happen to love all the OKP artists, but that has nothing to do with the fact that they are underground, just that they make music that I enjoy listening to. I mean hey Eric Clapton and Jimi Hendrix are two of the most well known musicians in the world, yet they also are two of the most talented guitarists ever. If I had enjoyed their music before it was popular, the fact that other people began to recognize their talent wouldnt be a valid reason to stop listening in my mind. It seems to me that if Common became one of the most well known artists in the world, but he kept putting out the same caliber music, it would be wrong to cease enjoying his music. Perhaps some folks just need the feeling of independence or difference that listening to "underground" music gives them. If this is the case maybe they should reevaluate why they listen to music
13872, no doubt!
Posted by Dove, Fri Nov-16-01 07:03 AM
I feel JUST like that every time I listen to my old Hammer cd's!!
13873, RE: Nelly is hella-wack
Posted by guest, Fri Nov-16-01 07:24 AM
sweetie,
does the term 'self-love' mean...anything to you?
as clicheish as it might sound, no one's going to love you unless you love yourself.
..you think therefore you are...
...you think and speak, therefore you manifest...
check ya' tongue...is it creating or destroying?...

and as for your obsession w/other people finding out about 'your' music...go read a book.

peace
13874, RE: Nelly Disses Okayplayer!!!!!!!!!
Posted by KOONTZILLA, Tue Nov-13-01 07:26 PM
MY ONLY ?UESTION IS- HOW DID THIS WACK ASS CAT SELL 1 MILLION RECORDS ??? I THINK HE BOUGHT HALF OF EM AND THE OTHER HALF ALL THE WANNA-BE BLACK WHITE KIDS BOUGHT.....

"NIGGA I STEP ON YA PORCH, STEP TO YA BOSS. LETS END THE SPECULATIONS, I'M TALKIN TO ALL OF YALL. MALE SHOULDN'T BE JEALOUS THATS A FEMALE TRAIT. WHAT YOU MADE CAUSE YOU PUSH DIMES AND HE SELL WEIGHT...."-JAY-Z

BEST LINE EVER TO END ALL JEALOUSNESS-
"WHAT YOU EAT DON'T MAKE ME SHIT"-JAY-Z
13875, RE: Nelly Disses Okayplayer!!!!!!!!!
Posted by Roi Boi, Wed Nov-14-01 04:41 AM
>MY ONLY ?UESTION IS- HOW DID
>THIS WACK ASS CAT SELL
>1 MILLION RECORDS ???

The same way MC hammer did it...

"That ain't nuthin but a ultra perm"

"?????????"
13876, this is FUNNY shit.
Posted by jvictoria, Tue Nov-13-01 08:53 PM
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain--and most do ~ Dale Carnegie

She who loves herself need fear no rivals ~ Latin Saying

AIM: jvictoria23
13877, Lord Jazz from LOTUG dissed okp too!
Posted by JNOTA, Tue Nov-13-01 09:25 PM
if you listen to his scratching section during the song "lord jazz hit me one time" you can hear that he is obviously dissing the roots and thier website... dont get caught up in the fact that the song was made before the website was created. if you really listen youll definitley hear the diss! Also, Mr Funky disses ?uestlove's grandmother on "Chief Rocka"

----------------------------------------
"we put language in zoos to observe caged thought and toss peanuts and p funk at intellect. and motherfuckers think these are metaphors, i speak what i see, all words and worlds are metaphors of me" -saul williams
----------------------------------------

13878, LMAO!!
Posted by comment, Wed Nov-14-01 12:54 AM
Thats pretty funny. How did you get that into your head. I think your stretching a lot too much.

---------------------------------------
They say i'm ugly, but it just don't phase me.

So much anger, built inside/ so don't stop to say hi/ muther-fucka just die. - nutcracker

--shameless plug-- (it's a dope site)
http://members.blackplanet.com/comment

13879, RE: Nelly Disses Okayplayer!!!!!!!!!
Posted by kofstradamus, Tue Nov-13-01 10:52 PM
I have heard a lot of controversy over artists through OKP. Specifically, people talking about Jay-Z. I feel this is worth discussing because Jay-Z has lyricist skills. However, Nelly lacks all mc skills and is not worth the sweat from my jockstrap. Basically, what I mean to say is that Nelly is not worth mentioning on a forum with the quality of artist as Okayplayer.

-Kofstradamus
13880, ¿¡¿how dare you...
Posted by praverbs, Tue Nov-13-01 11:23 PM
...satirize the undisputed judge of all culture?!?

i'm just so confused, i feel light headed...i think my backpack is imploding...i can't smell my afrotopia incense anymore...remembering 'ego trip' and 'blu' went under...forgetting conspiracy theories, high school chemistry, african ontology laden rhymes, and the name of the freshest emcee i've never heard...you know my mans from the liquor store cipher...¿hear of him?...me neither...yeah, he's nice...give me the box cutter next to them german fat-caps, i'm gonna slit my wrists...

*****¡I AM! ¿ARE YOU?*****

QUOTABLES CIRCA 1984:
1)"orthodoxy is unconsciousness."-syme.
2)"who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past."-party slogan.
3)"perhaps a lunatic was simply a minority of one."-winston smith.
4)"the heresy of heresies was common sense."-narrator.
5)"until they (the proles) become conscious they will never rebel, and until after they have rebelled they cannot become conscious."-winston

THAT'S THEIR WORD:
1)"swimming the channels of life/we're orators of rhyme, handlin' mics/ tip-toeing through the corridors of your mind with candlelight." talib kweli. "respiration (flying high mix)".
2)"we ain't vote to get into this shit, so we won't vote to get out." welfare poets. "the bullet".
3)"i don't hate players: i hate the mayors." sticman. "cop shot".
4)"promoting everything from the liquor to the nicotine/cell phones, antihistamines, chicken wings/you gotta show a little skin to keep 'em listening/fa real yo, the world is a sex machine." blackthought. "pussy galore".
5)"it's me against housing...no disrespect, my metaphors'll keep me out the projects." ghostface killah/superb. "ghost deini". (peace to TheWallyChamp for sonnin' me on the malquotation)

SNDTRK:
1)"a toast to the people". gil scott-heron/brian jackson.(the revolution won't be televised, but it does have theme music)
2)"sometimes". bilal.(post-extinction agenda stress relief)
3)"i am the black gold of the sun". rotary connection; nuyorican soul.(every version of this song radiates abstract pro-blackness)
4)"creole". charlie hunter quartet f/mos def.(¡frank sinatra ain't got no soul/mos def sounds like nat king cole!)
5)"time's up". oc.("you lack the minerals and vitamins/irons and the niacin/fuck who that i offend"-'nuff said)

okay p'ra verbs. GIVING YOU TRUE TRUTH SINCE...¿WHAT TIME IT IS?
13881, Kermit + Cookie Monster Diss OKPlayer.
Posted by comment, Wed Nov-14-01 12:58 AM
Believe it or not folks. Kermit the frog also dissed OKP. Remember that Kermit joint.."it's not easy being green"? Well...wasn't common's album cover green? And remember that cookie monster joint.."C is for cookie"? Thats a direct insult to common, cause c was supposed to be for common, not cookie. There is soon to be sesame street vs. OKP beef. Watch yall's backs....Their comin.

---------------------------------------
They say i'm ugly, but it just don't phase me.

So much anger, built inside/ so don't stop to say hi/ muther-fucka just die. - nutcracker

--shameless plug-- (it's a dope site)
http://members.blackplanet.com/comment

13882, RE: Kermit + Cookie Monster Diss OKPlayer.
Posted by shortieroc1, Wed Nov-14-01 04:32 AM
I REMEMBER THAT......THERE'S A REMIX BONUS TRACK WITH MISS PIGGY SINGING ON THE HOOK....LOL!!!!!!!!!!

"I don't get many complements, but I am confident..." Talib Kweli

"Suckas break like Turbo and Ozone" Redman
13883, RE: Kermit + Cookie Monster Diss OKPlayer.
Posted by guest, Fri Nov-16-01 08:43 AM
LMFAO
13884, RE: Kermit + Cookie Monster Diss OKPlayer.
Posted by NicelyAssembled, Thu Nov-15-01 10:47 AM
lmao
13885, RE: Kermit + Cookie Monster Diss OKPlayer.
Posted by guest, Fri Nov-16-01 07:26 AM
lol lol lol
(thanks for the warning:)
13886, RE: Nelly Disses Okayplayer!!!!!!!!!
Posted by okayheezy, Wed Nov-14-01 01:46 AM
you what is gonna happen now?

?uestlove is gonna call Nelly find out that this post holds no ground and then ban you.

free okayheckler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-----
don't make me knock your last tooth loose

http://www.trickology.com - the reason why your girl emails nude photos!
13887, the replies to this post
Posted by serena_love, Wed Nov-14-01 06:21 AM
shows that O Kay Pee is dead *insert picture of dead plant here*

Peace,
Serena

This weeks gimme a break statement:
People need to realize that white corporate America opresses white people as much as it does anyone else.-some dumbass okp
13888, damn
Posted by qoolquest, Wed Nov-14-01 09:21 AM
there goes his endorsement that he gave us on politicaly incorrect.

-sniff sniff...

if i ever went solo, my favorite drummer would be me bragging sig:

"How great are the Roots live? Their drummer.oh my god, he's such a great
drummer. He's so good. So good! Such a great drummer. Is he one of those
musicians that knows how to play everything? He's such a great drummer. I
love them."
-james king
13889, RE: damn
Posted by jkwhut, Fri Nov-16-01 07:45 AM
That's what I was gonna say!! I almost fell over when he said that on PI. He may write some corny shit, but you can tell Nelly really appreciates and enjoys having fans. He is commercial, but he clearly puts effort and energy into performance, so I wouldn't knock him too hard.
13890, so sweet
Posted by Dove, Fri Nov-16-01 08:26 PM
you get an A for effort
13891, what did he say?
Posted by spirit, Sat Nov-17-01 03:26 PM
what did nelly say?

nelly mentioned dead prez in an XXL article ("if dead prez sold 6 million, folks would say they went Hollywood," said Nelly with some sarcasm, in reaction to critics saying he was a pop artist).

Thoughtfully yours,

Spirit Equality

http://www.miscflux.com - home of
Miscellaneous Flux, the only band on
earth I would take a bullet for.

http://www.mp3.com/spirit_equality - Get your third eye stroked...
13892, you need to stop analyzing nelly.
Posted by guest, Wed Nov-14-01 09:25 AM
"i write checks."pdiddy.
13893, Man... *shakes head*... LoL...
Posted by Mil, Wed Nov-14-01 09:43 AM
...I thought the post made it abundantly clear it was satirical. I had my toungue so far in cheek that it looked like I had a dick growing out of my face.

one love...

mil.

p.s. I actually like the new Nelly single more then Jigga's... how do you like dem apples?
13894, RE: Man... *shakes head*... LoL...
Posted by kofstradamus, Wed Nov-14-01 01:44 PM
My bad homie. The mere mention of Nelly's # 1 is enough to fill me with hostility and a damn near violent mood. Ok, now i'll go back to my room to get my prozac.

-Kofstradamus
13895, YoU'Re StUpId.
Posted by Quixotic, Thu Nov-15-01 05:18 PM
Don't apologize.

Euthanize.

A Scribe Called Quest
Vex_id Nuru Quest
13896, RE: Man... *shakes head*... LoL...
Posted by shortieroc1, Thu Nov-15-01 04:39 AM
Just be happy someone replied to this :)

"I don't get many complements, but I am confident..." Talib Kweli

"Suckas break like Turbo and Ozone" Redman
13897, RE: Man... *shakes head*... LoL...
Posted by synonomous, Fri Nov-16-01 06:11 AM
i was gonna ask you what that was in your mouth... i cant believe some people arent getting this.
-Synonomous

Aim: wtc36wtc
e-mail: wtc41@yahoo.com

13898, R U Retarded?
Posted by Kenny823, Wed Nov-14-01 02:35 PM
Real hip-hop consists of people like The Roots, Common and Black Star who have not gone gold. The Roots (All Things Fall Apart), Common (Like Water For Chocolate) and Black Star (not together but Mos Def's solo and the Reflection Eternal CD) have ALL gone gold!! WTF does it matter what they sell? It should be about what they're saying and if they stay true to the original hip-hop ethics while expanding the genre in a positive way, which all those groups do. So next time u make a dumb statement like that research what ur saying instead of giving out bullshit facts.
13899, RE: R U Retarded?
Posted by okayyac, Wed Nov-14-01 02:55 PM
>Real hip-hop consists of people like
>The Roots, Common and Black
>Star who have not gone
>gold. The Roots (All
>Things Fall Apart), Common (Like
>Water For Chocolate) and Black
>Star (not together but Mos
>Def's solo and the Reflection
>Eternal CD) have ALL gone
>gold!! WTF does it matter
>what they sell? It
>should be about what they're
>saying and if they stay
>true to the original hip-hop
>ethics while expanding the genre
>in a positive way, which
>all those groups do. So
>next time u make a
>dumb statement like that research
>what ur saying instead of
>giving out bullshit facts.

hahahahaha
dude when u say something like that it doesnt show up well as satirical on the computer screen. i hope u were joking....

peace

"A seeker after Truth must be so humble as to the dust under his feet could crush him"- Mohandas K. Gandhi

"If a man steps on my toes, I'll step on his"- El-Hajj Malik Shabazz

"Cuz we on the same frequency/if not change the dial get on it!" -Mos Def
13900, wow! I like your spunk!
Posted by Dove, Wed Nov-14-01 03:03 PM
go get em tiger!
13901, my 2 pennies
Posted by guest, Wed Nov-14-01 03:41 PM
i think nelly is half ass bubble gum pop.. i think n sync's freestyles could burn all of his shit.. an bout the not real if they go gold.. are you tryin to say these artist arent good enough to have so many fans?
13902, u catch on quick
Posted by Dove, Thu Nov-15-01 04:09 PM

13903, yeah. IM the retarded one.
Posted by Mil, Wed Nov-14-01 05:16 PM

13904, SARCASM, YOU DUMB FuCK!
Posted by Quixotic, Thu Nov-15-01 05:15 PM
A Scribe Called Quest
Vex_id Nuru Quest
13905, 2 thumbs up
Posted by TaoPooh, Sun Nov-18-01 05:26 PM
whoop whoop! hahahahahahahahaha....now go burn some nag, please.

Peace and Good Vibes,
Jasmine

He-Haws never die...never.

Love goes through a lot of changes, but love never dies ~ James Baldwin
13906, sound like some Nostradamus stuff
Posted by REDeye, Wed Nov-14-01 03:14 PM
you can interpret that shit any number of ways.

RED
"Oooh! A fresh batch of America Balls!" © Homer
13907, his aunt is Miss Cleo
Posted by Dove, Thu Nov-15-01 04:10 PM
don't look at me funny.
I'm surius.
13908, This is silly
Posted by jelly, Wed Nov-14-01 03:30 PM
You are making this up. Most likely....
13909, RE: Nelly Disses Okayplayer!!!!!!!!!
Posted by slopfunkdust, Wed Nov-14-01 03:32 PM
Who gives a fuck? Fuck him and his wack ass Jiggy albums

SLOPFUNKDUST FOR PRESIDENT BEYOTCH!

T."The Beat Specialist"
| www.slopfunkdust.com |
13910, RE: THIS IS WEIRD
Posted by SchErzO, Wed Nov-14-01 10:25 PM
:) THIS PROVES ONLY HALF THE PEOPLE IN THE WORLD UNDERSTAND SATIRE

--------------------------------------------SchErzO-------------------------------------------------------------------------------I'm the original 'Boy from Oz'------------------------------------------------------------------Made Born & Grown In Australia---------------------------------------------------------------------------SchErzO-------------------------------------------
13911, half? not even! n/m
Posted by jimaveli, Thu Nov-15-01 05:44 AM
>:) THIS PROVES ONLY HALF THE
>PEOPLE IN THE WORLD UNDERSTAND
>SATIRE
>
>
>--------------------------------------------SchErzO-------------------------------------------------------------------------------I'm the original 'Boy from Oz'------------------------------------------------------------------Made
>Born & Grown In Australia---------------------------------------------------------------------------SchErzO-------------------------------------------
>

13912, he hurts my head
Posted by Kyur, Thu Nov-15-01 10:51 AM
Nelly needs to take all the shit off from around is neck and in his mouth and go back to school, even they are teaching about hip-hop....ain't that a bitch #1 asshole is what he is...I'm sorry I got a lil upset..
THANK YOU 4 YOUR TIME
KYUR

http://members.blackplanet.com/Kyur
13913, RE: he hurts my head
Posted by Aquaman, Thu Nov-15-01 11:14 AM
while I have absolutely no respect for corny ass Nelly... I can't help but say... dun... your reaching on this... for real...
the internet is soooo vast... even if someone said... underground hiphop internet site... you still couldn't pinpoint it to Okayplayer... do you know how many sites there are?
13914, WHAT'S FUNNY!!!
Posted by TurnstyleHopper, Thu Nov-15-01 02:56 PM
Is that some people STILL don't realize that the initial post was poking fun.

Save the satire for Spike.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Slacker bounded imitated tabloid headlined with the post
Shimmy cross the centerfold, and a dead time in ghosts
Giving crumbs for the better souls with seven deadly sins
To hear the plane to crystal conscious
To results a low life counting on one hand what he's accomplished
Ok, lift me to activism chain activate street sweep
Plug in deteriorating zenith pen dragging
I hack swords wars for the morbid spreading of mad men
Now he's got soul
Sitting there licking log cabin in Charlie Chaplin waddle
I could zig zag and zig 'em again for the bad dreams
Sparking my brick wall windows another thicket storm
And if one night in Gotham without the wretched
Houston we have a problem
Dispatch a task of infested patch of city goblins
Who split how many freaks with box cuts of a high road bellow
Heads ripped! Watch red bricks turn yellow
Sort of similar to most backbones at camp Icarus
Raw feelings start congregating at pamper for bickering
Life's not a bitch life is a beautiful woman
Your only call her a bitch because she won't let you get that pussy
Maybe she didn't feel y'all shared any similar interests
Or maybe you're just an asshole who couldn't sweet talk the princess
Kiss the speaker wire or either pass it for some pagan thresh hold
Stomach full of halo kibbles
Wings span cast black of porn visuals hear the duck hunt ticker tape
Vision and pick apart the pixels
I got a friend of polar nature and it's all peace
When I seek similar stars but can't sit at the same feast
Metal Captain!
This cat is asking if I've seen his little lost passion
I told him: "Yeah, but only when I pedaled past him" - Aesop Rock
13915, DuMbAss
Posted by Quixotic, Thu Nov-15-01 05:29 PM
It was a JOKE!!!!

A Scribe Called Quest
Vex_id Nuru Quest
13916, No shit...
Posted by TurnstyleHopper, Thu Nov-15-01 08:04 PM
...moron. Hence the reason I said "poking fun." Some people. Damn!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now he's got soul
Metal Captain!
13917, When I said...
Posted by TurnstyleHopper, Thu Nov-15-01 08:07 PM
..."poking fun," I meant at people that come up with some extranneously dumb-ass posts. (Probably like your sorry ass.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now he's got soul
Metal Captain!
13918, My bad...
Posted by TurnstyleHopper, Thu Nov-15-01 08:09 PM
...I thought you were talking at me when you were really agreeing with me. Sometimes I talk to much when I get heated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now he's got soul
Metal Captain!
13919, PlaYeD YoUrSeLf
Posted by Quixotic, Sun Nov-18-01 07:45 PM
dickdrip.

A Scribe Called Quest
Vex_id Nuru Quest
13920, RE: Nelly Disses Okayplayer!!!!!!!!!
Posted by shuga, Thu Nov-15-01 04:41 PM
I don't think he was dissing OKP, BUT if he was, he's just mad cuz his rap is pop, and not real hip hop.

"There is no darkness like Ignorance" unkown
13921, Real Hip Hop
Posted by QuestionSeven, Thu Nov-15-01 05:45 PM
Nelly thinks he is real hip hop.....I'm not sayin people out in the midwest ain't got skills, but this fool really don't impress me. If he got beef with OKP...WHATEVER....Real hip hop is The Roots, Common, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Y'all know who I'm talkin about. Real hip hop stands the test of time! Whats little nelly gonna be doin' in just a few years? I'll take bets that he's not gonna be behind a mic rippin shit like all the Okay artists been doin for mad years!!!

Peace
13922, furtado?
Posted by SampolinMoAko, Thu Nov-15-01 06:43 PM
for whatever reason, when i saw nelly i thought furtado and i was reading all those quotes, thinking it was something she said. and i'm thinkin, damn. i thought she and quest were cool.

and then i got it.
duh.

sig goes here!

"matta fact, i been lookin for a ho that's abstract..." (c) mc lyte

¤§¤OKP Jazzy Broads¤§¤

13923, Another victim of Furtado
Posted by Thirst, Thu Nov-15-01 07:35 PM
At least I'm not alone in forgetting of the existence of The One Called Nelly. Everytime someone mentions his sorry ass I immediately think "Follow me, follow me, follow me, down, down, down, down." I constantly find my self saying "Ohhhhhh.....you're talkin' about THE Nelly!" It is inconsequential, though, cuz I'd take Ms. Furtado over mista "Cucko for cocoa pop" any day.
13924, hee hee
Posted by incogx, Fri Nov-16-01 04:27 AM
"and trust them to do whats right. Mainly whine and buy a new backpack."

LOL

"sometimes happiness is hot grits and
catfish" ...Bob Digi

"speaking rarely/ not quiet
necessarily" ...Me

"i ain't shit... i just know how to
rhyme a lil bit" ...Ceelo

"i kinda like bein' poor/ least i know
what my friends here fo'/
i wanna lie to you sometimes but i
can't/
i wanna tell you that its all good but
it ain't" ...Ceelo
13925, RE: Nelly Disses Okayplayer!!!!!!!!!
Posted by guest, Fri Nov-16-01 05:07 AM
HIP HOP IS SOMETHING YOU LIVE
RAP IS SOMETHING YOU DO

KRS One
13926, and
Posted by Dove, Fri Nov-16-01 07:05 AM
this post is the best ever!
13927, my brain hurts
Posted by L_O_Quent, Fri Nov-16-01 08:22 AM
I think I pulled a muscle
13928, Going Gold...
Posted by dc_va, Fri Nov-16-01 08:34 AM
didn't the Roots TFA and Common's LWFC both go gold? that would make them unreal hip hop according to your theory...wouldn't it???
13929, RE: Going Gold...
Posted by jimaveli, Fri Nov-16-01 08:15 PM
>didn't the Roots TFA and Common's
>LWFC both go gold? that
>would make them unreal hip
>hop according to your theory...wouldn't
>it???

Stop that! You are exposing the bias!

It is simple, damnit:

Good music never never sells (sorry Mos, that's twice)!

If it sells, it isn't good. Unless it is *insert any from a list of acts who are on good side of bias who 'deserve' to sell records*.

What's more, 99% of artists who sell records (where do they get the stats from?) in mass quantity aren't 'real'.

Almost forgot:

If you are not selling lots of records and you are on the good side of the bias, you are automatically 'doin it for da luv'.

Forget that you is on a major label and putting out videos and promoting albums. This too is purely 'for da luv'. You see, rappers don't have bills like us non-rappers. All the 'real' people let rappers stay with them as they go from town to town.

Jimaveli: looking at my lowly paycheck and realizing that I too must also be 'doin it for da luv'
13930, this is funny....
Posted by 314confidential, Fri Nov-16-01 09:23 AM
these conspiracy theories and everything....
being from STL alone i think this is hella comedy.....

ya'll trying to come like behold a pale horse with this shit.....

314confidential

cat mat bat hat sat.....damn you signature writing ppl!!!!!!!

13931, *slits wrist*
Posted by Ape Redwood, Fri Nov-16-01 08:02 PM
Ive lost all faith in humanity after reading this post.

---------
Alex

13932, question or two...
Posted by jimaveli, Fri Nov-16-01 08:20 PM
>Ive lost all faith in humanity
>after reading this post.
>

hehehe. What took you so long? And how did you type this with slit wrists? Teeth? Feet? Or do you have one of those talk type apps?

>Alex

>When I piss I don't miss.

This is good to know. Large toilet or good aim? You wouldn't be squating, would you?

Jimaveli: the sarcasm in this post has been appreciated...I know I'm LMAO.

13933, RE: question or two...
Posted by Ape Redwood, Fri Nov-16-01 09:57 PM
>>Ive lost all faith in humanity
>>after reading this post.
>>
>
>hehehe. What took you so long?
>And how did you type
>this with slit wrists? Teeth?
>Feet? Or do you have
>one of those talk type
>apps?

I dictated it to your momma and she typed it for me.

>
>>Alex
>
>>When I piss I don't miss.
>
>This is good to know. Large
>toilet or good aim?

Dick control. In other words, when you open your mouth across the street, my piss will land directly in your mouth with no splash.

You
>wouldn't be squating, would you?
>

Only when I dangle my hairy teabags in your sister's mouth.

>
>Jimaveli: the sarcasm in this post
>has been appreciated...I know I'm
>LMAO.

Appreciate this! *pisses on post*

---------
Alex

13934, 3, 2, 1..1, 2, 3...
Posted by jimaveli, Sat Nov-17-01 12:13 PM
anger management...

LMAO!!

Jimaveli

>>>Ive lost all faith in humanity
>>>after reading this post.
>>>
>>
>>hehehe. What took you so long?
>>And how did you type
>>this with slit wrists? Teeth?
>>Feet? Or do you have
>>one of those talk type
>>apps?
>
>I dictated it to your momma
>and she typed it for
>me.
>
>>
>>>Alex
>>
>>>When I piss I don't miss.
>>
>>This is good to know. Large
>>toilet or good aim?
>
>Dick control. In other words, when
>you open your mouth across
>the street, my piss will
>land directly in your mouth
>with no splash.
>
>You
>>wouldn't be squating, would you?
>>
>
>Only when I dangle my hairy
>teabags in your sister's mouth.
>
>
>>
>>Jimaveli: the sarcasm in this post
>>has been appreciated...I know I'm
>>LMAO.
>
>Appreciate this! *pisses on post*
>
>---------
>Alex
>
>When I piss I don't miss.
>

13935, *calling 911*
Posted by Dove, Fri Nov-16-01 08:27 PM
Doctor, we can rebuild him...
13936, no, please don't
Posted by Ape Redwood, Fri Nov-16-01 09:52 PM
I can't live in a world without sarcasm. I like it better down here.

*dives headfirst back into putrid manure swamp in fifth cirle of hell*

---------
Alex

13937, *shoveling hole shut*
Posted by Dove, Fri Nov-16-01 10:37 PM
*waving*

have a nice trip!!
13938, damn...
Posted by luvlee2003, Sat Nov-17-01 01:46 PM
are the replies to this thread the future of okp?

*chills*

http://members.blackplanet.com/luvlee2003/

13939, RE: Nelly Disses Okayplayer!!!!!!!!!
Posted by guest, Sat Nov-17-01 02:27 PM
broad interpretation
13940, Speaking of Mil......*ducks*
Posted by effa_mainstream, Sat Nov-17-01 02:37 PM

13941, Violent Death at 8
Posted by spirit, Sat Nov-17-01 03:40 PM
San Francisco CA (Reuters) - San Francisco homicide detectives are perplexed at the killing of Korean store owner Sar Casm in a seedy part of Chinatown. Casm owned a small shop which sold moon rocks and other assorted useless items, to the delight of neighborhood drug addicts.

"Apparently, someone came in and bludgeoned him with a hammer. A blunt hammer," said Detective Won Ho.

"Clearly, they were trying to nail home a point," noted Whoohah's partner, Wang Shu Aha.

Several witnesses admitted that they had seen nothing, and some neighbors confessed that they never knew Sar Casm at all.

"I rarely saw him around. Most folks didn't even realize he was there when he walked in a room. He was a quiet fellow," confessed I. Ron Knee, a longtime Chinatown resident.

Little laughter was heard at the wake for Casm. In the time after his passing, several conspiracy theorists have alleged that Korean government forces could have been behind his demise. Casm fled Korea in the late 60's to room with longtime pen pal Lenny Bruce.

"I don't think we'll ever find out who killed Sar Casm," lamented Detective Aha.

__

Thoughtfully yours,

Spirit Equality

http://www.miscflux.com - home of
Miscellaneous Flux, the only band on
earth I would take a bullet for.

http://www.mp3.com/spirit_equality - Get your third eye stroked...
13942, he will be mourned.... n/m
Posted by Mil, Sun Nov-18-01 12:09 PM
mil.

Celebrating November As "What squeeg Said" Month:

"I thought this was gonna be a post about him doing the shuffle and clapping his hands like he's sexy and he knows it in that 112 video."-squeeg on Beanie
13943, wrong forum
Posted by Brandard, Sun Nov-18-01 05:28 PM
[]
i think you meant to post this in general, you know news swipes and all of that

bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha i slay myself
13944, basically.
Posted by UrbanCowgRRL, Sun Nov-18-01 08:46 PM
i hadn't read this since reply 30.

oh good lord.

the waaasttee land.....*tumbleweeds*

good shit mil/spirit
13945, Sarcasm is right.
Posted by Koku, Mon Nov-19-01 02:55 AM

Currently wishing eternal sorrow and despair upon you and yours.
13946, honestly
Posted by soze, Sun Nov-18-01 05:00 PM

THIS is the greatest post to ever grace the boards of
okayplayer. This post needs to be immediately archived
and Mil needs to be given an apple sticker or some shit
for real. I don't think I will ever post again after
reading this post. My life is now complete.

soze aka oKayzaSoze
See the trailer for my new sig in the
new Harry Potter movie!

13947, ARCHIVE NOW!!
Posted by TaoPooh, Sun Nov-18-01 05:23 PM
do no pass go or any of that other shit....just ARCHIVE.

ok, i'm done.

Peace and Good Vibes,
Jasmine

He-Haws never die...never.

Love goes through a lot of changes, but love never dies ~ James Baldwin
13948, imbeciles!
Posted by Zarathuckya, Sun Nov-18-01 06:19 PM

ThuŠ ŠP@k€ ŽåRåTHû©kYâ

"You do not reform a world by ignoring it" - Poppa Bush

"The US has much to offer the Third World War"- Ronald Reagan in 1975

"When I was coming up, it was a dangerous world, and you knew exactly who they were. It was us versus them, and it was clear who them was. Today, we are not so sure who the they are, but we know they're there". George W Bush

"...New Zealand!!" - Ghostface Killah

13949, RE: Nelly Disses Okayplayer!!!!!!!!!
Posted by jumoke, Sun Nov-18-01 06:27 PM
woah he said that?lmbao,boy he dose not really know how we do it.

http://members.blackplanet.com/olajumoke/
aim:jadetoye
msn:jadetoye
yahoo: olajumoke_ adetoye

*How to stop people from bugging you about getting married*
old aunts used to come up to me at weddings,poking me in the ribs and crackling,telling me,"you're next".They stopped after i started to do the same thing to them at funerals. }> }> }> }>

"When we seek to discover the best in others,we somehow bring the best out in ourselves."

"a loyal friend laughs at your jokes when they're not so good,and sympathizes with your problems when they're not so bad.
"Goals are dreams with deadlines"

that's it for now enjoy go back to what you was doing have a nice day :D

xoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxo
jumoke

13950, done laughing..............................................
Posted by jumoke, Sun Nov-18-01 06:32 PM
opening window and throwin nelly cd out. x(

http://members.blackplanet.com/olajumoke/
aim:jadetoye
msn:jadetoye
yahoo: olajumoke_ adetoye

*How to stop people from bugging you about getting married*
old aunts used to come up to me at weddings,poking me in the ribs and crackling,telling me,"you're next".They stopped after i started to do the same thing to them at funerals. }> }> }> }>

"When we seek to discover the best in others,we somehow bring the best out in ourselves."

"a loyal friend laughs at your jokes when they're not so good,and sympathizes with your problems when they're not so bad.
"Goals are dreams with deadlines"

that's it for now enjoy go back to what you was doing have a nice day :D

xoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxo
jumoke

13951, *sigh*
Posted by guest, Sun Nov-18-01 08:02 PM
*hangs up all shelltops*
*burns all adidas jumpsuits*
*burns all tag books*

it is just not worth it anymore.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BTW: Your epidermis is showing.

beans.....krylonwifey..moonflower...i'm still me, fk the bullshit.

i'm up Dawson's Creek without a paddle(c)SpaceGhost
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

13952, Archive!!!
Posted by Koku, Mon Nov-19-01 02:55 AM
Yes! Let's kill Nelly!!! Hold St. Louis
hostage!! It's a conspiracy!!

Currently wishing eternal sorrow and despair upon you and yours.