Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectA little bit of both...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=13522&mesg_id=13533
13533, A little bit of both...
Posted by cara_mel, Mon Dec-10-01 06:10 PM
You are right in that I was directing my comment more to the posters and not the artists when you were talking about the artists. Sorry. But in a way I think it still applies cuz one of the things that I like about OKP is the content that their artists brings which is reflected in the people that post here. Like many other people I think Jay-z has awesome lyrical skills but his content throws me everytime. I don't think to be an okayplayer you should have to be rhyming over a Roots instrumental or a Jay Dee or Hi-Tek beat. What I see in th okayartists are people trying to make good music without using every hip hop stereotype they can find. Maybe it's a stretch to want to see Jay-Z minus the ice and chrissy and stuff cause I guess that's who Jay is. But I think the artists define a lot of the vibe around here. Of course cause it's there fan site. I want every one to know about OKP too and I would love to see it win best fan site at My VH1 or something like that. But not thtis way. And I think a lot of things would change if Jay-Z became a player.

"I wish I could be like Moses, round up my people, move out the ghetto..." Bilal

Currently in rotaton:
Karen Clark Sheard-Finally Karen
Shuggie Otis-Inspiration Information
Aaliyah-Aaliyah
Philadelphia Experiment
Miles Davis-Essential Miles Davis
Miles Davis- Kind Of Blue
Nikka Costa
Red Star Sounds Vol. 1
Talib Kweli-Reflection Eternal
Ursula Rucker-Supa Sista
Bilal-First Born Second