Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectAre you REALLY surprised?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=13454&mesg_id=13499
13499, Are you REALLY surprised?
Posted by nonseq, Tue Dec-11-01 04:43 AM
Much like when I heard "You Got Me" (no I don't like that song at all, yes I knew it was their radio hit), I plan to shrug this one off with typical "they gotta eat" rationalization.

(In other news, Nelly Furtado's album is actually quite good for its genre. Not saying I'd buy it, but I was impressed, despite the fact she sounds like a spastic female Bone Thug.)

?uest clearly wants the TRL fame this time out, and will probably make songs with that crowd in mind. I'm not necessarily mad at him, I just hope the album is better than TFA.

AIM: nichet00

"Even when I say nothing, it's a brilliant use of negative space" El-P

J-Zone's Greatest Hits:

"Hate I do with pride, it's my job, I work overtime/put it on a t-shirt and opened up a clothing line"

"Girls hella nervous when I take to eat/Cause I'm out the door when they bring the receipt/dating me you wash dishes for a week........"

"'Do you freestyle?' Yep. But you can't hear it/til you pay me: up the dough, there you go, that's the spirit/me give you beats for free just because you the best? you'll have the hottest acapellas on the planet..."

"everytime I do a show I catch beef with weak-ass groups/ and headwrap chicks drinkin wheatgrass juice/ offended by my t-shirts and how I behave/just because I ain't rockin dashikis and braids"

"step to chicks and lose quarters/ cause my game is out of order"

"take it from Roc-A-Fella, nowadays you can't do shit with A mil"