Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectwww.jaguarwright.com
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=13378
13378, www.jaguarwright.com
Posted by aoxomoxoa, Fri Dec-21-01 04:28 PM
Hey everyone, we had a lot of last minute issues withthe Jaguar website but it feels good to say that it is now viewable to the public at either

http://www.jaguarwright.com

or

http://www.okayplayer.com/jaguarwright

We will be testing, tweaking, and tuning over the next few weeks so that everyone can experience it properly.

Please take a second to check it out and feel free to post your comments here.

remember, there are pieces that are still in development and we understand that our biggest problem is satisfying people who have their monitors set to 800 x 600 resolution or less.

to be real, our site, and practically all sites on the web look best at the higher resolution of 1024 x 768.

enjoy!!

Happy holidays

Dan, Wreckk, BKyle, Tank, Keith, Shawn, Desmond, Tina, Robin, Malika, and the 421 7th St family.
13379, . . .
Posted by JustLisa, Fri Dec-21-01 04:32 PM
nice.
13380, YEAH BABY ! ! ! ! !
Posted by BKyle, Fri Dec-21-01 04:33 PM
NOW it's a party!!!!!

Holla!

B.Kyle
13381, let me peep it right ouick
Posted by jumoke, Fri Dec-21-01 04:52 PM
http://members.blackplanet.com/olajumoke/#
http://members.blackplanet.com/jumoke23/#
peep my page and tell me what you think.

aim:jadetoye
msn:jadetoye
yahoo: olajumoke_ adetoye

*How to stop people from bugging you about getting married*
old aunts used to come up to me at weddings,poking me in the ribs and crackling,telling me,"you're next".They stopped after i started to do the same thing to them at funerals. }> }> }> }>

"When we seek to discover the best in others,we somehow bring the best out in ourselves."

"a loyal friend laughs at your jokes when they're not so good,and sympathizes with your problems when they're not so bad.
"Goals are dreams with deadlines"

that's it for now enjoy go back to what you was doing have a nice day :D

xoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxo
jumoke

¤§¤OKP Jazzy Broads¤§¤
Electric_Lady*
Koku*
Ncat* (the Nforcer)
Natralyght*
Shelly* (the queen mum o'dis)
Bonamie*
SampolinMoAko* (she's da prezudint)
childless* (poet laureate)
bigbrownchick*
marvel21*
jumoke*
MoeMoe* (JA 1st Lady)
3rd i*
similac_child*
Kyur*
MissMoe*(lil MoeMoe)
JustLisa*
MsBehavin*
KaRaS* (director of admissions)
and you know dis.......

13382, back
Posted by UrbanCowgRRL, Fri Dec-21-01 04:53 PM
been around the world

The site is asthetically pleasing..i dig the cornflower blue/salmon color scheme

everything looks really hot.

the only thing i'll comment on is the beginning flash intro...some of the wipe transitions are a bit fast...to the point my eyes hurt...maybe do a different kind of transtion? or slow it down..like a *tad*...

but that's being picky

good job y'all!!!

Much love,
Kyle

Need Posting help...Go here----->http://www.okayplayer.com/guidelines.html

Want that incredible deep post of yours or your friends archived, use the handy private message button or IM me: UrbanCowgirlll
13383, whoa..y'all are quick
Posted by UrbanCowgRRL, Fri Dec-21-01 04:55 PM
thinking "did i put that in the wrong thread?"

nah

;-)
13384, more
Posted by UrbanCowgRRL, Fri Dec-21-01 05:00 PM
the gallary is very easy to navigate around...I like the small pics to the 'view' area

I'm on IE, and I right clicked on a pic...hit "play" in the Flash options...and the pic froze in the middle of the view area.

No matter where i navigated, it stayed on there. stupid glitch..or maybe my comp..but anyways.

also, I love the 'simplicity' of the site..it's not too busy..i HATE super busy sites.

peace
Kyle
13385, www.jaguarwright.com is
Posted by gravity508, Fri Dec-21-01 04:58 PM
looking good...kudos...guys

DANCE
as though no one is watching you,
LOVE
as though you have never been hurt before,
SING
as though no one can hear you,
LIVE
as though heaven is on earth - Souza
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
"Life is too important to be taken seriously." - Oscar Wilde
"There are two people in my life whom I trust: Me and the other one ain't you"-Coral
"Im A lover not A fighter, but I'll crack ya teeth"-Missy
"We are all spiritual beings having a human experience"-Maxwell
13386, smooth
Posted by DROots, Fri Dec-21-01 05:15 PM
is how i'd describe it. it's yet another great job by you guys. you truly are the best web design team out there today. nice job again.
peace
m!ke

(((aim: okayplayerDROots)))
(((okayoungin' reppin)))

and now, the best christmas song ever:

Horatio Sanz- Backpacker guitar/vocals
Jimmy Fallon- keyboard sound effects
Tracy Morgan- lead dancer/vocals
chris kattan: keyboard holder/ head shaker

without further ado:
i don't care what your momma says,
christmas time is nneeeaaarrrr.

i don't care what your daddy says,
christmas time is neeeaarr.

All i know is that santa's sleigh,
is makin' it's way to the USA.

i don't care what the mayor says,
christmas is full of cheeeerrrr.

i don't care if they think it's a lie,
christmas will soon be heeerrreee.

i don't care about the CIA,
i don't care what the calendar say.

i wish it were christmas todaaayyy (x2)

*wierd elephant-noise-piano-sounds solo*

13387, nice
Posted by nublax, Fri Dec-21-01 05:37 PM
love the transitions and the audio

"would tell you it's all good but that's bullshit." Thought
13388, nice job
Posted by Brandard, Fri Dec-21-01 05:39 PM
yall always suprise me.

I'm also glad you got some footage of the live "Aint Nobody Playing" on there.

might be time to make a second column on the artist page though, its getting awfully crowded up in there
13389, RE: www.jaguarwright.com
Posted by nublax, Fri Dec-21-01 06:19 PM
what's up with the blank screen that appears when you listen to tracks?

never seen that before. . .weird. but other than that the site is banging. . .i love her voice. . .even when she talks

13390, black screen?
Posted by aoxomoxoa, Sat Dec-22-01 04:08 AM
I dont see this, .. can you 'splain further.

13391, RE: BLANK screen
Posted by nublax, Sat Dec-22-01 06:26 AM
whenever i listen to a track in the "listen" section it takes me to a blank screen that just has the "okayplayer toolbar" and i have to push "back" to get back to the site.

13392, RE: WHAT THE FUCK
Posted by coopcoop, Fri Dec-21-01 08:44 PM
I'm not tryin to hate or nuthin, but that browser music is a straight Prince ripoff! I mean what the fuck? From the layered vocals to the whole fucking shabang. Who's gonna own up to this, because I'm callin you on your shit!

when the light hit the ice it twankle and glisten

"You know, this is funky but I just wish he'd play like he used to, old scragglyhead son *SLAP* *oooh*!" - Prince, The Everlasting Now

DECEMBER IS BAMBOOZLED QUOTE MONTH:
"I be smackin my hooooes, I be SMACKIN my hooooes!! Eveyone knows it goes, kick em to the flo', stomp em to the ground....IIIII BE SMACKIN MY HOOOOOOOES!!!"

13393, nah..you ain't hatin'
Posted by UrbanCowgRRL, Fri Dec-21-01 09:11 PM
that was definately the most well thought out and supported argument i've read on here in a while!

if you would have checked the flash, you would have seen that it's "I can't wait" jag feat. bilal

if you have issues w/ the actually musicality..i wouldn't be hollarin' at the web designers...

Much love,
Kyle

Need Posting help...Go here----->http://www.okayplayer.com/guidelines.html

Want that incredible deep post of yours or your friends archived, use the handy private message button or IM me: UrbanCowgirlll
13394, J.Wrong and Questhate.
Posted by guest, Fri Dec-21-01 09:27 PM
what else do you expect from Questlove?

all the shit talking soul acquire ans do, and they produced some of this album. stop me from laughing.

the website is better than the music samples

the music is subpar, plus "I can't Wait" and "I don't know sound alike."

I thought I was going to hear better, but this sound like the same shit Angie Stone did on her album.

"Lineage and I can't Wait," or the only songs that stand out. Two songs with evident Prince influences. Nothing wrong, but it does not allow for a space for j.Wright.

Of course "Self love" stands out.

very underperformed album and overhyped album.

http://people.unt.edu/~mmp0015/
13395, that's it
Posted by Brandard, Sat Dec-22-01 05:18 AM
[]i quit
13396, RE: J.Wrong and Questhate.
Posted by raphaeldelghetto, Sat Dec-22-01 05:32 AM
"I can't wait" is the track that James and Quest did on Paisley Linn, so duh it's going to have a Prince type sound, it was intended to. However your tripping with "Lineage" because it doesn't sound anything like a Prince song.

"You might as well pay attention cause you can't afford free speech"
~George Clinton
13397, RE: J.Wrong and Questhate.
Posted by guest, Sat Dec-22-01 10:11 AM
listen again

there is something similar about the songs

this album sounds like a Mary J Blige B-side or something

who stole the soul?

first Dice Raw, now J.Wright.

13398, RE: J.Wrong and Questhate.
Posted by raphaeldelghetto, Sat Dec-22-01 02:02 PM
First it sounds like a Prince song now it's Mary J b-side? Dude, you're just looking for reasons not to like the Soulquarians. On the real, ain't nothing new under the sun and they can't do anything that ain't already been done. Hell your boy Prince didn't do anything but combine the styles of those who came before him and use that to develop his sound. I don't see anything wrong with Quest and the Soulquarians doing the same.

~George Clinton
13399, RE: J.Wrong and Questhate.
Posted by coopcoop, Sat Dec-22-01 09:12 PM
It is one thing to combine styles and make your own sound (Prince), but it is another to completely rip off someones whole sound(Jag w/Quest....oh yeah I name names!!)!!!!

"You know, this is funky but I just wish he'd play like he used to, old scragglyhead son *SLAP* *oooh*!" - Prince, The Everlasting Now

"I be smackin my hooooes, I be SMACKIN my hooooes!! Eveyone knows it goes, kick em to the flo', stomp em to the ground....IIIII BE SMACKIN MY HOOOOOOOES!!!"

"DYN-O-MITE!!" - James Evans Jr.

13400, RE: J.Wrong and Questhate.
Posted by raphaeldelghetto, Sun Dec-23-01 06:10 AM
Whatever dude, cause it ain't even like that and Prince did not come into his own style until about 2 or 3 records in. And y'all need to peep Quest's catalouge because only the more recent stuff has a noticable Prince influence (and it's not as heavy as you cats make it out to be). The only real songs that I've heard with Soulquarian production that have a strong Prince influenece were Untitled(intended to), I can't wait (intended to again), and maybe a couple more but not that heavy. Common's shit didn't have a Prince sound, on Erykah's jawn I heard more of a Stevie influence(especially A.D. 2000) than Prince. You cat's are just looking for reasons not to like Quest just be honest and admit it. Furthermore, if it bothers you that much then why are you on HIS site?

~George Clinton
13401, RE: J.Wrong and Questhate.
Posted by coopcoop, Sun Dec-23-01 02:33 PM
It doesn't matter if the Prince ripoff was intentional or unintentional. Prince did songs like that for a reason....SO THEY DIDN'T HAVE TO!

"DYN-O-MITE!!" - James Evans Jr.

13402, RE: J.Wrong and Questhate.
Posted by raphaeldelghetto, Sun Dec-23-01 03:06 PM
You still didn't address the fact that out of all their work, only two song really have an intentional Prince sound. and what about your boy ripping off Little Richard's image and Jimi's guitar work.

~George Clinton
13403, RE: J.Wrong and Questhate.
Posted by guest, Sun Dec-23-01 07:03 PM
This new J.Wright is bland and boring.

What is so good about it?

Where are the okaycritics at?

first dice raw
, now this.

13404, RE: J.Wrong and Questhate.
Posted by raphaeldelghetto, Sun Dec-23-01 10:13 PM
Yet it's interesting enough for you to exert all this negative energy. I dig it and I'm not alone, just like there are others who don't like it. Newsflash not everybody likes Prince, it's all subjective. But instead of trying to tear down what you don't like, try building what you do dig.

~George Clinton
13405, RE: J.Wrong and Questhate.
Posted by raphaeldelghetto, Sun Dec-23-01 10:22 PM
Oh and I completely agree with you on Dice, that shit was booty.

~George Clinton
13406, Outstanding
Posted by Jaharrah, Sat Dec-22-01 05:11 AM
I am so excited that there is another female official OKP artist and that she is not only beautiful but REALLY talented and seems to be confident and strong as well. I am diggin' your music and the site Jag. Ahmir done done it again, Dayum!
13407, RE: www.jaguarwright.com
Posted by guest, Sat Dec-22-01 09:12 AM
couldn't get it to open today.....can't wait to see it though...

We walk the path forever. Why not
walk it together. Life's a Bink....

13408, RE: www.jaguarwright.com
Posted by beeboppah, Tue Dec-25-01 08:08 PM
Too much Macromedia Flash for NGR-No Good Reason. I've seen the other sites where u overuse Flash, & i say, 'well, its for a music artist, it's promo, its flashy Flash, yaddayaddayadda.' But now it's getting out of hand. Why do i gotta wait so long to see info, for navigation bars to scroll and bounce & blank grey panels to fill in before i see what i clicked to see? How many times do I have to "enter' to enter?

Whup that Flash, don't let it whup YOU. BANG-BANG-BANG!

"I went for the corner & what did i see?... coming for to carry me home...Ohhh an Eldorado comin after me...coming for to carry me home"--Dizzy Gillespie

"I can hear the distant thunder, Of a million unheard souls, Watch each one reach for creature comfort, For the filling of their holes."--Peter Gabriel

"i am who i am.
nothing hidden just black silk
above two knees."
--Sonia Sanchez
13409, RE: www.jaguarwright.com
Posted by aoxomoxoa, Tue Dec-25-01 08:32 PM
I'll look at it this week. send me your computer info as far as what you're using and your connection and stuff. if you could. try and describe a few of the major things messing it up and that will give me a place to start.

dan@okayplayer.com
13410, RE: www.jaguarwright.com
Posted by beeboppah, Wed Dec-26-01 06:26 PM
Not messin up for me. I eventually see what's intended to be seen. I am on an AV Mac G3, maxed memory, OS 9.2/10, DSL, Netscape 4.7, and IE 5.

It isn't the content im whining about, its the presentation & the fanfare before the content is revealed. Other okp's say im nit-pickin cuz its my job, but i think that stuff really makes a difference.

But im just "one lil voice in da wind...."

"I went for the corner & what did i see?... coming for to carry me home...Ohhh an Eldorado comin after me...coming for to carry me home"--Dizzy Gillespie

"I can hear the distant thunder, Of a million unheard souls, Watch each one reach for creature comfort, For the filling of their holes."--Peter Gabriel

"i am who i am.
nothing hidden just black silk
above two knees."
--Sonia Sanchez
13411, video clips......are they set up?
Posted by StirsDsoul, Thu Dec-27-01 06:36 AM

cuz they won't run for me.....

runnin' Win XP i've never had any other conflicts related to the rest of OKP