Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjecthi jag.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=12992&mesg_id=12995
12995, hi jag.
Posted by BrainChild, Thu Jan-31-02 06:43 AM
congrats on finally getting the record released.

just have one question...

were you the least bit apprehensive about putting family business out there like you did in those thank you's????

--me--

"To become a good DJ you have to develop the hunger. You have to search for new records with the insane zeal of a goldrush prospector digging in a blizzard. You have to develop an excitement for vinyl that verges on a fetish. You shouldn't be able to walk past a thrift store without worrying what classic rarity you might have missed nestling among those Osmonds LPs. Your blood pressure should jump a little at the thought of slitting open a 12-inch square of shrink-wrap. People will find you boring, your skin will start to suffer, but you will find solace in long, impenetrable conversations with fellow junkies about Metroplex catalogue numbers or Prelude white labels. Without wishing to be sexist, we suspect this unhealthy, obsessive, anal retentive behavior fully explains why there have been so few female DJs." -- from the introduction of "Last Night A DJ Saved My Life: The History of the Disc Jockey."

"I sound like a Hungarian emcee with severe dental problems" -- Krewcial on his