Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Black Thought, Why?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=12629&mesg_id=12706
12706, RE: Black Thought, Why?
Posted by omni, Thu Feb-07-02 09:17 AM
First off, why were both of them stuttering so damn much. Nas sounded jus straight up unintelligent like he couldn't formulate a fuckin sentence, and Thought was trippin over himself left and right.

The whole thing was some bullshit from the start. To me Nas sounded scared like when somebody is tryna say some shit to they mama and they know they bout to get they ass rocked, stutterin and shit tryna say somethin smart jus tryna get the last word out before they get popped. Then Thought sounded like he was about to get socked by somebody and he tryna explain why he shouldn't get socked cuz "I d-d-didn't necessarily sleep wit yo girl dogg... She w-w-w-wanted it f-f-f-first dogg, I mean, I didn't even know she had a-a-a mannnn. Shit, I ain't even met you b-b-before bruh, we coulda b-b-been best f-f-f-friends!"

This whole damn thing was stupid, from the start, and yeah, The Roots knew damn well what they did when they played Nas' tracks behind Jay-Z. Who wouldn't know that this shit would spark somethin, It's only obvious. Think about it, they were part of publicly humiliating Nas on national TV! They played a medley of his beats live while someone dissed him over them, all on MTV.

The Roots should have expected this, it was only a matter of time before it happened in my opinion. They should jus keep they mouths shut, because it was innevitable. What else is Nas to do, never mention it? Imagine how many cats are in his ear like "you gon let that shit slide!? These niggas dissin you over your own beats dancin and laughin on national TV clownin yo ass?!"

Jus think about it folks. It's his right to come at them, and Quest knows that damn well, I love the Roots, but unless they openly wanted beef with Nas, they shouldn't have done it.

----------------------------------
Intellect is like a major city laden with concrete and metal, advanced modes of transportation, shining buildings, and fenced in parks.
Spirit is the mountains, forest, and vast countryside that surrounds it. Too many people live in the city, struggling each day for mere existence.
Most have forgotten how to live off the land, they only experience nature on class trips and short term vacations.
For those that live in the country, cities are like amusement parks, with high prices and temporal satisfaction.
At the end of the day, they are tired, ready to go home to relieve their ringing ears.
---------------------
Only a vessel that is half-full can be shaken