Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectMainly, he has no ammo:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=12629&mesg_id=12667
12667, Mainly, he has no ammo:
Posted by nonseq, Wed Feb-06-02 03:53 PM
How do you really defend your group collaborating with NSync and Jay-Z when you have a song like What They Do in your discography?

I mean, really? How?

?uest criticized Nas publicly in a similar manner a few years ago. Maybe Thought isn't as eager to don ?uest's "Captain Hypocrite" costume........

He did, however have the "I was not there" defense for himself. So he used the only ammo, albeit weak, that he had.

Either way, it's a glass house battle where fakeness abounds on both sides.

AIM: nichet00

"Even when I say nothing, it's a brilliant use of negative space" El-P

J-Zone's Greatest Hits:

"Hate I do with pride, it's my job, I work overtime/put it on a t-shirt and opened up a clothing line"

"Girls hella nervous when I take to eat/Cause I'm out the door when they bring the receipt/dating me you wash dishes for a week........"

"'Do you freestyle?' Yep. But you can't hear it/til you pay me: up the dough, there you go, that's the spirit/me give you beats for free just because you the best? you'll have the hottest acapellas on the planet..."

"everytime I do a show I catch beef with weak-ass groups/ and headwrap chicks drinkin wheatgrass juice/ offended by my t-shirts and how I behave/just because I ain't rockin dashikis and braids"

"step to chicks and lose quarters/ cause my game is out of order"

"take it from Roc-A-Fella, nowadays you can't do s--t with A mil"