Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Back Up, Shorty.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=12629&mesg_id=12635
12635, RE: Back Up, Shorty.
Posted by rgmidas, Thu Feb-07-02 03:59 AM
>>Whatever decisions your family makes, if they truly
are with good intentions, back that shit the fuck up!

What if they are the wrong decisions? Fuck that, be real to delf. He didn't knock his fam, that don't mean he needs to support some bad habits.

>>And I understand that with "What They Do" the director
basically distorted the premise of the video to make it
seem like a direct dis towards artists, but YOU WERE
there. You sat on that bed with the chick a la Notorious
B.I.G.

The video was a sattire on hip-hop video's as a whole. My take was that none of it was personal with a bottom line of: keep it real... if you don't bust gats, don't front like a G (probably half the hip-hop community right there) If you don't roll in benz's, mansions, or with fake model ho's, then don't front like you do, because that's what sucks the soul right out of the art, leaving no art, but only product.

>>?uest would have been the better person to speak on this
situation on the radio. Cause for real....I don't even
think Black Thought was feeling the Roots in his commentary.

Quest, you are the illest right now, I'm always feeling your work, but I haven't agreed with some of your recent issues, maybe you would have been better to respond to what you are thinking as a representative of the Roots. My gut feeling is that these are your power moves. If they are not, I apologize again and again. However, right now, I see you as that dude in the schoolyard with powerful friends (Thought), pointing out your personal battles.

Thanks for keeping it real Thought.

R