Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectAs I keep listenin..
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=1221&mesg_id=1258
1258, As I keep listenin..
Posted by brotherman, Thu Oct-21-04 06:01 PM
It just sounds better n better. especially o 4th listen on.
Weak spots : Rape Over, Zimzallibim is ok, but the begining is kinda off.., Close edge is ok, War is hot til mos starts yelling "Fuck You, Pay Me". The rest is pretty nice. Boogie Man song is a perfect opener. Even though "Freaky Black Greetings" doesnt have much for lyrics, the beat gets down right mesmerizing by the end. "Sunshine" is fine, but I think "Sex, Love, and Money" is HOT. I dont care what anyone on here or anywhere else says about it. I dont know what yall are or arent hearing but I think that drum breat wit the flute commmin in to it to add a lil melody?? sheeeittt And the lyrics are ok, I get into it. Well "Modern Marvel" is genious btu I would take off the first 2 minutes ifi was him...its nota matter of patience. I mean he AINT Marvin Gaye! But its still a superb tribute song, once he gets to the tributing. Oh and I feel funn yadmiting this, but YES "THE EASY SPELL" is HOT!!! lol I dunno what it is about it, but it sounds a lil...addicting. "Y.E.A. yea, you can
get it" lol The Painties and the beggar are nice n smooth joints that bang nicely. O and "Bedstuy Parade & Funeral March" is nice as well, even though it has more f his half-there/spaced out lyrics. hahahahaa But the tightest cut on here is the last, Champion Requiem" HOT HOT HOT!

anyways...