Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Common sold Chicago out.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=11920&mesg_id=12045
12045, RE: Common sold Chicago out.
Posted by spenzalii, Tue Mar-12-02 07:00 AM
In the immortal words of the almighty Rakim,

It ain't where you're from, It's where ya at.

Who cares if Com left the Chi. I'm a producer in DC, and I plan on getting out of this area ASAP. An artist gets stereotyped depending om where he is from. Here, they expect my music to sound like some dumb go-go, or a weak down south gangata beat. But, it sounds more NY-State-Of-Mind music. I love my home, and won't make any attempt to hide where I'm from, but if I gotta go, I gotta go. Com's heart is still in the Chi, and that's what matters most. Besides, for everyone in the Chitown area, how many people bought, not bootlegged, his albums? Check the soundscan numbers and see just how much support your hometown boy really got compared to other markets. Personally, I picked up all his work, and applauded his move.

And please, quit with the gay shit, will you? Who really cares? Is an artist's work really any more or less relevant depending om his sexual orientation? I thought not. Dead that dumb crap, and let music be music.

one,
spenzalii

Do it from the heart, not from the wallet