Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: *daps aquaman*
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=11539&mesg_id=11583
11583, RE: *daps aquaman*
Posted by Aquaman, Fri Apr-12-02 05:26 AM
word... I mean, I like the Roots recorded efforts and really enjoyed them live during the Illadelphalflife time period... but because money is so damn arrogant I'm starting to not like their joints at all. Fact, they were never the BEST group in hiphop, but they did their thing... but this whole 'star' persona is disgusting. I mean damn, take the accolades with grace, otherwise it will hurt you more than it helps. Prince is the @#$@, no question. It's been that way from day one, no need in fronting cause of a couple of albums that were cool. Voodoo, it's aiight... has it's moments... the Roots... have their moments. Prince... has some of the best moments in music history... just look at the bootleg Sign O the Times tape (not the movie/rockumentary) and you will see... over ten years ago and he was doing this? Please... and for money to say he finally met a drummer that could nail 777-9311 other than him was ignorant. For the record Ahmir... your drumming is peace because of the timing and the texture of your hits... beyond that... let's not get ahead of yourself Mr."I have used rimshots more than any other drummer in the world... along with the same damn drum beat". You and Jellybean? Jellybean all day long son. That's just the real. It's mad funny too... just the last few months alone he's been dissing Prince cracking on anyone who supports him as a 'orger'... now if Prince cracked on 'Okayplayers'... well just think about that. At least if he has comments to make he keeps them in his circle... but enough comparing... cause really there is NO COMPARISON AT ALL... bow down. Point blank.