Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Phobia means "fear"
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=11257&mesg_id=11315
11315, RE: Phobia means "fear"
Posted by method360, Thu Apr-11-02 04:36 PM
Do we then accept and embrace murderers because they didn't choose to be born with genes that make them prone to murder? So your born with genes that make you prone to be gay. That doesn't mean straight people have to embrace your behavior. Will I slander a gay person, never. Will I hit or attack(verbally or physically a gay person), never. Will I cringe or think thats disgusting when I see two gay guys kissing, I cant help it. Just like gay people claim they cant help being gay, I find it difficult to not get a queezy stomach when I see gays together. Again I repeat, I would not hurt a gay person physically or emotionally because he/she is gay. I will even fight against people who do hurt people because they are gay. I will not, however, agree with or like the idea that you have to be gay or that it is natural. I can dislike and disagree with your sexuality without being unjust toward you as a person. Just because I won't be your best friend doesn't mean I have to be unjust towards you. Its your business. You mind yours and dont worry about what others THINK, agree with, like or dislkike. Thats their business. You should worry about others who want to hurt you physically or emotionally though. My point is everyone is entitled to their beliefs, gay or straight, without being beaten down or hurt because of it. If those beliefs start to hurt the population though, then something should be done. Your only entitled to your beliefs and rights, as long as they dont harm others' lives.