Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Phobia means "fear"
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=11257&mesg_id=11306
11306, RE: Phobia means "fear"
Posted by method360, Thu Apr-11-02 04:50 PM
isn't the increase in Aids related to homosexuality? gays shouldt be beat up. if you could prove to me that gays are born gay with no choice at all, then i would feel more sympathetic toward them. I dont buy it though, i think they have a choice. it might even be like a drug. some people are born with an inclination to become addicted to something. they dont become addicted until they actually use the substance enough to become addicted. so i can buy that some are born with an inclination to be gay, but they dont become gay until they give in to the temptation and get hooked. I'm not saying that being gay is the exact same as being hooked on crack. I'm saying that there are similarities, such as inability to stop the action. I think that once a person gives in to their prone to be gay genes, its very very difficult to become straight. I say this from the personal experience of seeing a gay guy fight and struggle stop giving in to the temptation to sleep with men. He is now married to a woman and the temptation is only a very very small percentage of what it used to be. Most of the time the temptation is not even present. He has overcome the "inclination to be gay" genes or whatever you want to call it. So I think gay people do have a choice, even if its a very difficult choice. I know lots of addicts, so I sympathize with gays on that level.