Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Common & homophobia question
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=11257&mesg_id=11284
11284, RE: Common & homophobia question
Posted by method360, Wed Apr-17-02 03:42 PM
aiight I've heard enough. I aint sayin' the word no mo', no matter how dope a rhyme I could make with it and the word maggot. If that origin is correct, then I understand the problem with the word. When I wanna talk about a bundle of sticks, I'll just say "sticks." When I wanna talk about a gay person, I'll just say "gay" or "homosexual." Cool? I'm willing to control my tounge, but I aint tryin to censor hip-hop artists. A lot of them might think twice if they knew the history of the word though. Maybe not though, cause a lot of them think that its wrong to be homosexual in the first place, as do I. I aint hatin' them though cause I do a lot of stuff thats wrong in the first place. If you do stuff that is wrong, just admit it. You dont see drug addicts protesting cause we call them crack heads. Sure it might be extremely hard for a gay person to stop participating in homosexual activities, but that doesn't mean its right. Its extremely hard for a drug addict to stop using drugs. Does that make using drugs right? I dont wanna hear none of that do you want some one to call you "nigger" stuff, because being African-American isn't wrong. Taking part in homosexual activities is wrong. But like I said, we're all human and none of us deserve to be hung b/c of our personal vices.