Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: not 4 nuthin
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=11029&mesg_id=11064
11064, RE: not 4 nuthin
Posted by millyhank, Thu May-02-02 08:34 PM
>but
>i dont mean to intrude on
>your lil back forth forth
>back shit here but it
>sounded here like you have
>a problem with a guy
>defending music he loves when
>people shit on it with
>things that make no sense
>(i have yet to see
>this guy or anyones else
>make comparisons of blackalicious to
>any other ok stuff), shit
>if you did a collab
>that was different from your
>normal flave and someone said
>yo thats weak its the
>same garbage you always do,
>would you be wrong for
>disagreeing?
>please man
>dont be wack
>cuz no one loves you when
>your wack (c)myboydennis

naw, what i'm saying is ?uest is ridiculous with making excuses for artists he's collaborated with but it he hasn't effed with 'em yet, they get the gavel and book thrown @ them. i mean, this is the guy who said Pete Rock was disposable and JayDee was the illest hip-hop producer ever. i just think dude gets carried away. someone posted about not liking the singing in "Thought At Work"... ?uest responded "there's nothing wrong with Tariq's singing...". and the fallback response to someone not liking okaymaterial is usually "well, you're not ready yet, blahblah".

My original response was made before i got to listen to "Blazing Arrows", and i stopped after half of it. man, was i disappointed. I'd already heard "Make You Feel That Way", "Chemical Calistenics" and "Release", and was hyped. But, Man, the joints with Jurassic 5, Keke Wyatt, and Jaguar SUCKED! why were there so many collabs, Gab is ill in his own right, and works better alone. "First In Flight" was an extremely redeeming moment in the lp, though. it was just insane hearing Gil-Scott and Gift of Gab on the same song. damn.

but this is supposed to be one of the most original joints of the year? come on, man, the same week MF Grimm dropped, which i can't WAIT to get after hearing "Break Em Off" and "Words". now THAT's some next shit.

i'm just sick of listening to boring hip-hop because it's supposed to be smart music or something. where's the adrenaline? tempos, people, TEMPOS!!@!!

whatever.

hankathon 2002 wants you.