Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectinteresting theory..
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=11029&mesg_id=11052
11052, interesting theory..
Posted by mellow, Thu Apr-18-02 08:29 PM
You know when celebrities crash and/or burn, usually it's because of some hidden issue that's been magnified because of their status?

Well a friend of mine gave a really good theory as to why someone like gil scott heron has seemed to fall on hard times.

She was saying how people like gil scott who are passionate and very aware of the ill's of society and the world takes alot of things to heart.
Just looking back at the catalogue he's released and his infamous performances, you can see his insight.

She just stated, when you try to be pro-active and have an impact on people, then time continues on and things pretty much still stay the same, it may be very discouraging to people and they may lose hope...even someone like a gil scott heron.
Probably more so someone like him, too much deep thinking may have turned to depression, which turns to release and escape (artificial escape or not).

I admire gil scot for what he's done. I hope he has someone who can help him in his time of need. We're not all supermen in this life.