Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectGimmie Some Chicken.....Harold's Chicken!!!!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=1102&mesg_id=1136
1136, Gimmie Some Chicken.....Harold's Chicken!!!!
Posted by Queal Jay, Thu Jan-20-05 08:47 AM
Caught the first time through Chicago in March 2000 (Arie Crown Theater). The shit was the mua fuggin' bomb. A few changes by then in the show...

No Mos Def or S Villa as openers...the Jazzy's were on the bill by then. Missed their whole set but the last song.

Com came out and freestyled on Left & Right. He repped quite well, and that was the first time I had heard LWFC (it was playing during the intermission).

Gunn-Fu has replaced Roy Hargrove.

Me and wifey (but then she was pre-wifey) comtemplated all day about going. It was sold out, and a nigga really couldn't afford to go. I would have been sick had I not went, so we called a ticket broker (legal scalper) and got some really good seats). I will remember that show forever. D' was on some Temps/Marvin/Al Green/EWF/Stevie/Prince/JB shit on that tour....nah...in retrospect, he was just D'.

The only negative...it was a theater. You can't really receive the funk sitting in seats. Too bad there isn't a big enough SRO place in Chicago with great sound for tours like that.

Ahh, the memories. One of the best concerts I've ever been to.