Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectinvisible bully like the fruits?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=10704
10704, invisible bully like the fruits?
Posted by qoolquest, Fri May-31-02 09:38 PM
well i couldn't take it no more. member that "oww, my nose!!!" brady bunch epsiode? or the "moms favorite vase, she always said 'don't play ball in the house'" they would toss and turn in dreams, to hear those words uttered?

well, this "roots and clones" thing was bothering me. so i did waht any self respecting wu fan would do.

proach a nigga.

kinda. mal is tight with boi (dog thing), i know dre. so i 2-wayed him. and asked what's up? (me i thought it was a snipe at nappy roots.....but i wanted to make sure.)

FRUITS AND CLONES.

yes once again this group gets victimized by insulting words that sound like their name.

thank god we weren't named "the wussies"
10705, Fruit Of The Loom To Sue
Posted by Brandard, Fri May-31-02 11:16 PM
[]along w/ the Chicaquite Banana Lady, that sheep and George Lucas in a class action suit
10706, RE: Fruit Of The Loom To Sue
Posted by queenisisdivine, Sun Jun-02-02 01:27 AM
dddd
10707, RE: invisible bully like the fruits?
Posted by NkiRu, Sat Jun-01-02 12:03 AM

>thank god we weren't named "the wussies"

lol.
10708, RE: invisible bully like the fruits?
Posted by Belief, Sat Jun-01-02 04:36 AM
Well muh deah (granny, for those unfamiliar with suthin' terms!) always said, you know you're doing something right when people talk about you...sort of a ass backwards compliment...y'all are on those niccas' minds.

10709, but the real question is
Posted by Vivrant, Sat Jun-01-02 05:38 AM
how does dre feel now?

i mean....like if phonte called me and was like "yo i was listening to your song and you said something about "i punish my little brother"....what did you mean by that?"

i'd tell him i want dissing, but then id get off the phone like "damn he thought i dissed them! were they about to dis me because of that?"

you know what im saying? i wonder if dre thinks the roots were all ready to fire back.

(i promise im not trying to start no shit)
10710, word
Posted by SPEC, Sun Jun-02-02 07:26 AM
like.. I dissed the shit out of you on my album and now I'm thinking of sly ways to deny it.. like "nah I said 'vibrant'"

http://www.specboogie.com
10711, hahaha
Posted by Vivrant, Sun Jun-02-02 12:55 PM
we still gotta come to loosie studios and do some work.

someday...before june is over.
10712, And there you have it.
Posted by DarkStar, Sat Jun-01-02 06:09 AM
-
10713, fruits and clones
Posted by codewarrior, Sat Jun-01-02 07:47 AM
makes no sense in the context of the song lyrics in my opinion but yeah okay. Glad to see it was all cleared up

10714, *nods. acts like he knows what ?uest is talking about*
Posted by dro, Sat Jun-01-02 12:14 PM
was there a "dis" track by outkast against the roots and/or nappy roots or some shit like that?
10715, yeah....
Posted by 3xKrazy, Sat Jun-01-02 12:19 PM
im totally lost as well.
10716, RE: yeah....
Posted by century89, Sun Jun-02-02 12:25 AM
land of a million drums...there's a line that says something about fruit and clones, mad heads around these parts thought it said roots and clones, it didn't. blah, blah, blah
10717, ah, is that what the fuck we're talking about.
Posted by illnes, Mon Jun-03-02 10:37 AM
nice to know.

Peace,
Illnes

10718, sounds like massage oil
Posted by Dove, Sun Jun-02-02 08:46 AM
dovely divine
~s.l.o.c.~
10719, RE: sounds like massage oil
Posted by Mpozi, Sun Jun-02-02 11:46 AM
biggie smalls speech impediment strikes again!!!

invisible bully like the roots!
lol

it wouldn't have been so confusing if he didn't mention freestyling in the next few lines... that was a bit of a bug out on first listen or so....

i haven't heard this new tounge twist yet, but it's funny how these things happen...

PoZi (;=
10720, RE: invisible bully like the fruits?
Posted by guest, Mon Jun-03-02 07:15 AM
YO

PHANTOM MENACE INVISIBLE BULLY TO CLONES

ATTACK

WHATEVA
10721, Dre....diss somebody...*giggle*
Posted by sundasill, Mon Jun-03-02 07:28 AM
[]
10722, Outkast aint Club Nuveau!
Posted by Donn L, Mon Jun-03-02 07:44 AM

10723, Somebody enlighten me
Posted by BH, Mon Jun-03-02 09:42 AM
I've been MIA. I am lost. What's the origin to this post?
10724, RE: Somebody enlighten me
Posted by Mpozi, Mon Jun-03-02 02:28 PM
te ORIGINAL origin to the topic was the Craig Mack "Flavor in Your Ear" remix- where Biggie says "invisible bully like the gooch..."
which people took to say invisible bully like the Roots etc... then he mentions freestyling which furthur made people think he was referring to the roots/riw etc...
it was a pretty hot topic for a week or so before clarity arrived.. and this is pre-okayplayer, and not far enough into the world wide web world for word (for or against the theory) to spread...

PoZi (;=
10725, RE: WOW
Posted by digabomb, Mon Jun-03-02 04:04 PM
my boy was telling me about this just yesterday as i played that record....and i thought it made sense, for all that "one more chance" spoofing in "what they do". but, then i thought the remix had come out b4 "what they do".....thanx for clearing out the confusion.
now enlighten me please...
...invisible like the "GOOCH"?

?

peace.
r.
10726, RE: WOW
Posted by Mpozi, Mon Jun-03-02 04:20 PM
why do i suddenly feel like a very, very, old man....

the gooch!?!?!?

how can i explain this one... am i really that old?

the gooch man, you know... the walk on character that never walked on (unless it was on somebody's grill), the teacher in charlie brown (at least you heard the voice), an invisible ripple underwater that causes a tidal wave?

anyway, long ago, when child stars were still all the rage, when inter-racial adoption (and the "hil-ari-ous calamities" that ensued) were still considered prime time fodder... there was a show called "Different Strokes"...

pre-crack smokin todd bridges and pre-all sorts of bad made for tv movies (actually during sort of- counting "The Kid From Left Field", a guest appearance on "Buck Rogers" and the sort of play on interracial adoption (and the aforementioned "hil-ari-ous calamities" that ensued) "On the Right Track) Gary Coleman's greatest fear was the Gooch... some dude that was always whippin' somebody's a**, but never (as far as i know) getting any camera time...

hence, invisible bully like the gooch...

of course biggie also said- "Blow up like the World Trade Center"... but that's a different song...

PoZi (;=
10727, Mpozi...
Posted by Improv, Mon Jun-03-02 05:40 PM
You're been hanging around us and Ahmir too long...hahaha
10728, RE: Mpozi...
Posted by Mpozi, Tue Jun-04-02 10:21 AM
prov, nice guyana flag there

what u know about Essequibo?

got a friend from round them parts...

PoZi (;=
10729, Not much
Posted by Improv, Tue Jun-04-02 10:50 AM
But my family on my mother's side lives there. I heard it was nice. My uncle use to run the boats on the river (Speaking of which, you ain't live until you go on one of their speedboats with no lifejackets).

I wanna visit Guyana soon and hit the waterfalls...
10730, RE: Not much
Posted by Mpozi, Tue Jun-04-02 10:58 AM
yeah, a coworker was raised there...
it's on my favorite place list for 3 reasons-

Walter Rodney
Linton Kwesi Johnson
Kool-Aid

PoZi (;=
10731, RE: Mpozi...
Posted by Mpozi, Tue Jun-04-02 10:33 AM
i still remember the first time i heard that... i had the Flavor remix maxisingle tape- the one where if you flipped the reverse switch on your walkman (i was living large back then- my walkman had a rewind button, AND a reverse switch!) and it would allmost loop the track...
anyway, i was etting on the 18 bus when that lyric hit- i got yelled at by the bus driver cause i stopped in mid transpass swipe to rewind the tape and listen to it again...
i was half mad at biggie (for "dissing" the roots) and half semi-stoked that the group had made enough noise to warrant mention in a song of that (i hate to say caliber) level of noteriety...

PoZi (;=

all at once now though!

"Now the world don't move
To the beat of just one drum
What might be right to you..."

ya'll know the rest!
10732, Still...
Posted by BH, Tue Jun-04-02 02:44 AM
Thanks Mpozi but how does Kast fit into all this?
10733, RE: Still...
Posted by codewarrior, Tue Jun-04-02 04:00 AM
outkasts new joint "land of a thousand drums" off of scooby soundtrack has a line that I thought said "roots and clones" i made a post about it thinking outkast was giving props to the roots for their song clones talking about some wack-ass mc's, some other heads thought it was a dis, now we all know the lyric in question did not say roots and clones it said fruits and clones or whatever so no big deal next question
10734, RE: Still...
Posted by BH, Tue Jun-04-02 05:01 AM
Thanks. That was what I missed.
10735, communication
Posted by L_O_Quent, Tue Jun-04-02 10:44 AM
in invaluable tool

would have saved many a useless beef (c) life supported Cube