Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectQuest lets fan die of heat exhaustion (repost)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=10445&mesg_id=10575
10575, Quest lets fan die of heat exhaustion (repost)
Posted by spirit, Wed Jul-03-02 04:01 AM
(posting story knowing full well some moron will bring it up in an unrelated thread later and call me a dickrider...but I just don't give a fuuuuuuuuuu....)
Anyway, in the line outside the 9:30 waiting for doors to open, I see Cody Chestnutt walk up to the tour bus, which is right beside the line to get in. No one else recognizes him because...well...he doesn't even have an album out (somebody put that album out!*)...

me: Cody Chestnutt, rock star!

Cody turns, smiles, and waves. tour bus door opens.

Who should be holding the tour bus door open other than a now much thinner Mr. Questlove? Thin enough for the crowd not to recognize, but not thin enough to escape my well-trained Okayplayer eye (LOL).

Me: Questlove, rock star! (hey, it's 100 degrees, I'm too hot to be too creative here)

Quest smiles, waves, Cody gets on, Quest closes door.

Quest re-opens door.

Quest: (something I can't hear)

Quest waves me over.

Quest: (no doubt noticing that I am wearing Okayplayer shirt) Who do you post as?

me: Spirit.

Quest gives "of course" shrug (we met once before, actually twice, but only once post-OKP) smiles, gives dap.

Me: (in damn near 100 degree weather, mind you (LOL), an hour before the show is set to start) So, what are you doing still on the tour bus?

Quest: (smiling) Because it's air conditioned. (slamming door before a heat exhausted Spirit can storm in)

LOL.

*shaking fist angrily to the sky and cursing the weather gods for the humidity*

It's not like I actually expected to get on the bus. I could be a serial killer for all he knows. Ha-ha.

Anyway, I was gonna try to get Questo to sign a copy of my DYWM? liner notes, but he didn't have a pen. Nor did I. What I really should have tried to do was hit him with a copy of my CD. It was too hot for me to think straight though.

Did I say it was hot out there?

* Cody says he is very close to settling on a distribution deal for "Headphone Masterpiece", he was just fighting hard for a fair contract/deal. so everyone who has been waiting to hear it will hear it soon.