Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectIts kind of ridiculous there have been no posts about The Roots Jams
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=47766&mesg_id=47766
47766, Its kind of ridiculous there have been no posts about The Roots Jams
Posted by HighVoltage, Sun Apr-26-09 03:34 PM
Considering these have been some of the best shows i've seen them do in their career (yeah, i said it).

Up until this, we really havent seen The Roots do something like this before (granted Wetlands was before my time, but im not sure they really "jammed" in the sense they are doing it now). For those who haven't been, these are not even like the Grammy or Holiday jams either (which are also awesome).

Never know what to expect each week, but its guaranteed to be something new. I mean, they have done 7 so far and not once have they done the same jams.

Anyway, aside from selling out each week, I'm not sure they realize how grateful we are (its easy to be spoiled in NYC with all the dope shows we have every month). So i'll just take this opportunity to thank them for rockin out each week until late in the morning with "work" the next day.

Definitely the highlight of my week, every week, and i'm thrilled to see 4 more were added in July. Keep em comin!