Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectyou're choosing to commit your first felony too
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=34982&mesg_id=35041
35041, you're choosing to commit your first felony too
Posted by spirit, Wed Jul-20-05 10:18 PM
how many people 'accidentally' catch a felony? sure, you can be in the wrong place/wrong time, but a lot of people are making deliberate choices that lead to that first felony, like your partner that decided to go on the bank robbery. that's not some shit you help your dad with. period. you don't just get 'pulled in' as if you're some type of rag doll. when you're pulled, you can pull away or let yourself get pulled.

i'm no 'pull yourself up by your bootstraps' type of dude. but i refuse to believe 95% of the people who say they were 'forced' to sell drugs. some people have exceptional circumstances. but most people are freely choosing to do it. and i think it's a fucked up choice.

got a felony? can't work at mickey d's? that doesn't make selling drugs your only option. you could sell bootleg CDs, t-shirts, incense sticks, boosted Polo's, there's damn near a million things you can sell other than drugs. painting, plumbing, begging for spare change even...come on now. it's never that black and white.

____

HIP-HOP IS BACK ON DC RADIO!! WPFW 89.3 FM, Mon-Fri, 11pm-midnight (don't sleep! literally!)