Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectaiight i'm trippin'
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=29004&mesg_id=29052
29052, aiight i'm trippin'
Posted by Vet, Tue Jun-22-99 08:20 AM
i'm reading the posts here and i just don't get it. why are people giving tip so much flack...okay i don't like the song but who's to say he fell off. people said the samething about tribe when beats rhymes came out. you can't expect people to do what we want all the time. as artist their first responsibility is to themselves. fuck that, if he's happy with the song i can't be mad at the man. i know ppl are like no, we, the fans, come first. well i personally don't believe that. <BR>it appears to me, from these posts, that you all will except anything that the roots put out 'cause you say they won't put out something subpar. who is to say that tip didn't think the track was banging. who is to say he's just trying to get airplay. we can only assume until the man speaks and tells us himself. until then...quit riding him so hard. with tough love there is a limit. 'cause the more you scream at at person, eventually they tune you out.