Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectdammit man!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=23208&mesg_id=23224
23224, dammit man!
Posted by K_A_Wright, Thu Jun-29-00 09:11 AM
I am triiiiiiii-ying to stir it up - 'cause a ruckus. Get folks to conversate ((I know that ain't a word, shaddup)) - I gotta act up sometimes. ;-) Calm down with that "e tu" poppicock.

2 kats as diffrent ((musically, age/experience wise, influences))as D & B derserve to pitted against each other if not only for the sake of delving into each ones stregnths and weaknesses. I wouldn't be surprised if D was one of Bilal's influences ((marinate on that, ya'll)). They are both influenced by Prince, Marvin, Al, Sly and the like but I still see distinct diffrences and areas where they overlap and supercede each other. That is what I am looking to get into here.

I want to discuss that. As someone who knows both and can speak on both more so than any of us can - could you help facilitate? And your word choice, apples and candy is interesting:

Apples = organic, natural and good for your body ((soul?)), provides genuine sustinance?

Candy = artificial, not so good for you, though it can exert a temporary high, sweet?

Care to delve, bruh?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Kristy*

SPECIAL QUOTES FROM MY NY ADVENTURE:

"Sheboygan!!" -- me

didi: Sing Soul Sister!!!
Bilal: I'M 'BOUT TO!!!

"All willy nilly!!" -- qtpi6