Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: *sigh*....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=22864&mesg_id=22934
22934, RE: *sigh*....
Posted by SankofaII, Tue Jul-04-00 10:10 AM

>I dont think ALL of any
>large social group is one
>way. Never said that.
> I said WE ALL
>KNOW how gays be wildin
>out as if they dont
>know the consequences.
--Once again, you can't loop EVERY gay person into the above statement, Quez. i just can't get with that..we dont' ALL ACT LIKE THAT..despite what you may or may not have seen. yea, gay folk be wyling out...TRUE. you'd fall out over HALF the shit i've seen in NYC and DC in the past few years...all i'm saying is that NOT ALL do that. most do...NOT ALL.

Do
>you think a racist man
>would walk up into a
>Common show, front row with
>a "Die Nigger" sign?
>I mean these peeps need
>to check themselves.
agreed....if a racist man walkedinto a common concert, he SHOULD expect a diss from common AND AN ASS KICKING from the audience. at least, I'MA KICK HIS ASS if hes next to me. :)

And
>fuck all this right or
>wrong shit... certian shit is
>just gonna cause conflict.
true this does..as do most things that folk are uncomfortable with or don't understand. but, folk do have right to express feelings that counter this: i.e., folk who have issue with homophobes should expect to debate withfolk who are homophobic and can justify how they feel...that's just life.
>If you're a part of
>that small group in the
>world who's fuckin cows... you
>probably dont wanna advertise that
>shit unless you're among your
>cow-fuckin peers. Thats my
>point... Common did what he
>HAD to do... right or
>wrong
BWAAAAAHAHAHAAHAHA good cow analogy..true again. com did what he had to do....just like the folk who are bothered like this are doing what they have to do, right or wrong. i'm just saying that folk need to speak their peace.

i think we're saying the same things, Quez, we're just coming at it from different standpoints. :) which is cool...no prob with that. i do agree with you on a lot of shit (which i'll get assaulted for by a a few gay okayplayers. but fuck it, black folk arent monolithic--we all have our own viewpoints and thoughts on shit. bout time we started speaking on them..)

Check Out My New Signature, Fam:

"If you don't like me, I'll punch you
dead in the fucking face"
--Vin Diesel (THE FACE--MAY 2000)

"It is essential that non-gay black people recognize and respect the hardships, the difficulties black gay people experience, extending the love and understanding that is essential for the making of an authentic black community".
--bell hooks

"Homosexual persecution and condemnation has at its roots not only social ignorance, but a philosophically active anti-feminist dogma".
--Lorraine Hansberry

"Isn't it a shame? A black man invented the clock, and some black folks still don't know what time it is".
--Jewel McCabe"

"When a star shines, you get the light several million years later, and the star's probably dead by the time you get the light. I'd rather be the moon".
--Me'Shell Ndegeocello

"Being a healthy black gay adult is doubly hard, considering the propaganda to the contrary".
--Me'Shell Ndegeocello