Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectWHY THE ROOTS WILL NEVER COME TO MY CITY
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=14502&mesg_id=14626
14626, WHY THE ROOTS WILL NEVER COME TO MY CITY
Posted by PoetessCrystal, Wed Aug-11-99 11:42 AM
subtitle "why i had to drive all the way to Ny on the one day it was 105 degrees"<P>In any given month there are three of four shows, lil kim, junior mafia, destiny's child<P>gimme a break<P>i mean there are a handful of us that pack up and go trekkin to worcester or boston to see the roots<P>most of us have been to a roots show and know its well worth the long drive..<BR>i attended a lil kim show last summer and was appalled by the 15 and 16 year old girls trying to dress like her<BR>trust me when i say lil kim is THE only one who can pull off that trashy look<BR>and sometimes she comes off looking like a prostitute<BR>but thats a different thread<P>i would rather hear live instruments ANY day than stand in a hole in the wall club drinkin a 8.00 long island ice tea feet hurtin, tryin to blend in with the rest of the tiny dress females <P>knowing i dont belong there<P>i agree with quest when he said that the targeted market are the folks who can spend 50.00 in a day, i fall into the category of careful planning to assure dinner will be on the table every day for my son-<BR>fuck a 20.00 concert to see an act that have never even heard of a real instrument<BR>okay maybe im babbling now and im not previewing this so excuse my typos<P>poetess<BR>