Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Jay said it best...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=12710&mesg_id=12773
12773, RE: Jay said it best...
Posted by SirLau, Wed Feb-06-02 09:30 AM
I think Jay said it best, "What you tryin' to kick knowledge, n---, you garbage"

Nah, I'm gonna need more than a little 2 min interview that Nas actually gives a damn. Talkin' all this and that about "our" community oh, and my favorite, "my projects...your projects? Negro you live in a house in Glen Cove, Long Island.

I'm about peace like everyone else, but Tariq needs to respond, and while he at it, why he trying to jock Pac now. Is he trying to win his fans?

Why Nas acting like he didn't fauly victim to the jiggy bug, or that he ain't try to live the Thug life. What was the Firm project about?

The dreads comment...when did Tariq ever say he was conscious or righteous. Tariq's not the one trying to spit 5% lessons in the same breath with negativity.

"Sneak an uzi on an island in my army jacket lining, hit the earth like a comet invasion, Nas is like the Afrocentric Asian, half-man, half amazin'". Now granted this line is nearly 10 years old, but it's from the Illmatic album which everyone seems to view as Nas at his best. Even back then I was seeing his contradictions.

And here's the other thing, people are judged by the people who surround them. Who are the people in Nas' camp. if he's this messiah or street prophet, how come he ain't uplifting. Look at his crew, they ain't talkin' about nothin.

Look at the Roots on the other hand,look at their crew, we all know the deal with that. Jay-Z nothwithstanding, alot of people clowned him for wearing the Che shirt, well the same folks should be clowning Nas for all of a sudden being Mr. Self Righteous.

"Unlike those underground cats who rock for heads, we include the throat, chest, arms, and legs"

-Posdnus
'01