Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectHe does have a point
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=12710&mesg_id=12724
12724, He does have a point
Posted by SevenOneEighter, Wed Feb-06-02 07:24 AM
Nas has a point, although he is also a hypocrite.....on Stillmatic he says let's have world peace on "Rule" and then in "My Country" he talks about killing...he's got a song like "what Goes Around" which is a hard concious attack on drugs and the school system and religion, then he has tracks that are just plain out ignorant....and he talks about Jay-Z abusing women, Nas isn't exactly a woman's rights advocate...

when the Roots came out they did were kind of an anti-commercial group, whether they want to be or not, they play instruments, they are creative, and original which is a recipe for NOT being commercial...the death of B.I.G. and Tupac brought everyone together and now the Roots are much bigger than just being an underground hip-hop group, they are innovative Hip-Hop group that can bring hip-hop artists of all kinds together, they are the foundation...so Nas has a point, but i don't think the roots are hypocrites, i think the Roots have grown, and i don't think the Roots are on the Jay-Z bandwagon, i think Jay-z is on the Roots bandwagon....who the fuck else in going to do a hip-hop unplugged? for christ sake, they're the only fucking hip-hop band, shit, i think NAS should do an unplugged with the Roots too.