Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Kweli with Dr. Dre!?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=12382&mesg_id=12412
12412, RE: Kweli with Dr. Dre!?
Posted by Apostle, Thu Mar-29-01 11:35 PM
>Why Would Kweli even downgrade his
>shit like that???

I wouldn't call Dre a down grade, he's arguably the best producer hip hop has ever seen. He is on top right now. No refuting either one of those facts.

>Dr. Dre
>is a fraud, he dont
>do shit no more......he might
>make a beat or two
>but thats bout it....Check da
>credits for the chronic 2.
>Jay-Z and eminem wrote all
>those rhymes for him

Have you ever heard Dre say he was lyrically superior to anyone else in his rhymes. What kind of fraud is he? Look at the credit on the original 'Chronic'. Snoop, RBX, and others wrote his rhymes. When he was in NWA his raps were written for him a lot. Does this make his work less classic? Hell no. He never claimed to be a rhymer.

>.....and I
>bet Mel Man did most
>of the production, or dre
>wouldnt even have acknowledged him....and
>Mel Man still aint gettin
>the shine.

Mel man did most of the programming on 'Dre 2001', big difference. Dre is a producer in the classical sense of the term. You think Quincey Jones played a damn note on Thriller? Let Mel Man complain about his shine. If he was unhappy he didn't look it when I saw him at Fat Beats rollin' in an Escalade on dubs.

>besides, Id take a hi-tek beat
>over Dre tired ass shit
>anyday....no question....

Personal opinion. hi-tek is dope, but Dre is still doing good work in my opinion.

>Fuck Dre.....Go write a rhyme nigga!!!!
>how you gonna have jay-z
>write a song for you
>and dedicate it to ya
>dead brother????? thats bogus as
>fuck.....

Write a rhyme for who? You? Why? He's doing good working with the system he's got now. Those are pretty harsh words for a legend. Sauce Money wrote "I'll be Missing You" and Puffy rapped it. If he doesn't write rhymes and he wantd to make a song to his dead brother what else should he have done? Just let it be.

>besides, everybody know Suge made
>dre wear pantys underneath them
>Dickies!!!!!!!

Whatever... Dre is making money while Suge is umm, in jail. Suge may the one wearing panties now?

>Kweli and Dre.....WTF???? Naw dawg, that
>aint kosher one bit.

Everyone's entittled to thier own opinion.

peace, Apostle Jahbryll

5 Deadly Venom Spitters - No One is Safe
Just shut the fuck up and take it!

--------------------Quotes--------------------

Back to the original:

"I promise that I will not answer the phone when it rings love, while we do our thing love" Q-Tip