Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: hate much
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=12382&mesg_id=12406
12406, RE: hate much
Posted by guest, Thu Mar-29-01 04:56 AM
tru indeed....thus my point.....fake ass busta ass nugga!!!! and as for lyte, and others, I dont care who you are, hip hop is a form of music that should truly reflect the artists personality and beliefs....there is nothing wrong wit someone writing a hook for ya, or you getting somebody to sing ya hook for the effect of their voice, but verses should be the artists creation.

unlike R&B where songs are songs and the lyrics(for the most part) are quite general, Hip hop lyrics are way more personal....I can just picture jay z writing Dre's rhyme, talkin bout "from the streets of Compton"!!!! whut da fucc he know bout compton????

and really jermaine dupri and all his acts are guilty of the same shit....I would make them an exeption to the rule cuz they lil kids, but hell, I heard some lil kids that can rap they ass off and write they own shit, so its no excuse....

Id rather for an artist to sound corny as hell wit they own lyrics than to fake da funk.

but thats just me.....im just real like dat I guess...ya kna???