Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: thats very very good n/m
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=12243&mesg_id=12291
12291, RE: thats very very good n/m
Posted by princeguy, Wed Feb-06-02 11:56 AM
It's okay for Jag to be who she is, no question. But without the big budget and press, being an unlikeable artist/person doesn't help. But the CD itself, the music itself, just isn't that good. It's not the worst, but it wasn't good. I only used the Jill analogy because her CD sold because of word of mouth, which is how it seems that Jag's CD will have to sell. It's without question that Jag can sing, and live she's good, but the CD lacks a lot.

It has nothing to do with her hair or how she looks, although I know what you mean when people are suddenly turned off by an artist who looks "cultured" or "conscience", I've seen people do that too. But, I'm just saying in order for a CD to sell well by word of mouth, people have to like it and say good things about it. This CD is not good. I will not tell my peeps to go out and cop this CD because it isn't good enough to recommend. It ain't the worst, but I wouldn't RECOMMEND it. I hope she does a second Cd and get better production from producers who can bring out the raw talent she has. She can definitely rock it live, but she's gotta show it on the CD too.

Remember.....these are the days of your Life. Don't forget that.
-me