Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectDamn.......Count Your Blessings
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=97076&mesg_id=97233
97233, Damn.......Count Your Blessings
Posted by Shawn_Gee, Tue Jul-04-06 10:09 PM
You never know when your name will be called.

I had the pleasure of meeting Mpozi back in the Square Roots days, when I was a family member/always around type of dude and Mpozi was a photographer/always around type of dude. At first I thought he was kinda weird, like "why does this dude always have multiple cameras around his neck, ALL OF THE TIME". But there were only a few of us non-5th Dynansty Roots hanger on types that could actually put a full sentence together........so naturally he and I became familiar with each other and became friendly. A very nice, genuine dude.

fast forward 5 years to 1999, the point when me, Angiee, Doug (new guy) and ?uesto were building what would become Okayplayer.com. MPozi was the GO TO GUY, in many clutch situations.....I mean the visuals for the beginnings of Okayplayer (photo visuals not graphics) were probably 70%-80% Mpozi. He always had a picture for us....regardless of what time of the night Ang would email him, he would always come thru.....never ask for anything in return, just happy to help out. RIP!